Notices

APBA Factory racers

Old 05-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

people read the rule book. if you build a new one with 525's then the 3% rule counts. if you are upgrading then it does not.

and i wish you guy's would quit your crying. it is becoming annoying. if you don't like the class then don't run it. you want a lid. then buy a boat with a lid.

do you people know that the bush are are lighter and faster then the winston cup car's and they have twice the crash but they don't change the rules.

it's racing people. if your spooked then get the **** out. with all the safty there is there is always going to be accidents, injurys and deaths. look at jerry nadue. he was just practicing and he is in critical condition.

Treadwell
Old 05-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Treadwell,
As far as a racer, I have only heard good things about you, but as a commentator on OSO you seem to come across as a jerk. People are using this as a discussion forum about possibilties for the future of bettering this sport and you call them crybabys? I mean you already got another thread taken off because it went in a totally different direction than it was intended. On these circuits you are somebody, and I am nobody, just somebody thats wants to learn so when I do get into a raceboat I am competitive and more importantly safe. We all know that we could get in our cars tomorrow and get killed and racing boats enhances those odds, but if you feel it is crying then dont come onto OSO anymore or at least keep your comments to yourself. You are the one that is annoying with your comments.
And Busch cars are lighter yes, faster no. Different gear ratios and carbs prevent them from going faster.
Trent
Old 05-06-2003, 04:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting comments about the 3% rule. If it's written plainly in the latest edition of the APBA rules posted on their site, how is it then moot? And as far as when it does or dosen't apply, the paragraph is really short and really simple. Nowhere does it have exclusions or exceptions. We excect it has interpretations but those are not written. I only bring this up because there was a threat of a protest with my boat at St. Cloud. We ask APBA officialdom about it and have not gotten an answer yet. They/we have a problem with the rule as it is currently written, but it has not changed.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but you pay your dues, you get to comment. You don't like it, don't read it! Is this a great country or what!

Randy doesn't call us Screamin' Pigeon for nothing...see you all in Marathon.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Registered

ok,

then let me ask you this. was the boat built this year. if the boat was built this year then yes the 3 % rule applys. if it was built last year then it does not.

basically this is what they want from you. if your boat has to weigh 5000 lbs dry ( thats with no gas )and your boat only weighs 4000 lbs dry then they want you to permantly affix 850 lbs to your boat. that means that once it's in the boat it can't be moved. now you have 150 lbs left over wich is your 3%. that 150lbs can be movable weight, such as, gas, sand bags,bags with pellets and so forth. if you have anymore questions then just ask

Treadwell
Old 05-06-2003, 10:18 AM
Registered

sorry,

if it was built last year you are allowed to make the weight up with gas or anything else. it just does not have to be permantly affixed. althought that amount of weight i would. you should only need to play with about 150lbs anyway.

Treadwell
Old 05-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Registered

first of all i deleted the thread. second of all 98 % of my post i am helping people. ever once in a while i throw my opinion in. it was basically directed to randy. so if your offended i am sorry. i am all for saftet. i am one of the largest advocates for it. but at the same time we are still doing a deadly sport and that's it. if randy was stupid enough to turn his boat blindly into a 40ft wall of water so he would not lose a silly flag and put himself and anybody else around him in danger then he is the problem. i have had this conversation with the factory guy's too many times. you need to know when to back off. if you start a race intending never to back off no matter what happens then those people are the problem and will end up hurt.
see one of the problems is you people don't want to hear the truth that it your fault for crashing the boat or missing the turn or anything else that might happen. it not because the boats are to fast, the motors are to big the props are faster or any of that. it the people driving. they say slow the boats down from 90mph to 80 mph. do you think you would survive the crash at 80mph. the answer is no. the human body can only with stand so many G forces. the human body can survive being thrown at a brick wall at 55 mph. anything over that your dead. so unless we are going to slow the boats down to 55 then we have to start think of ways that we can asorb the impact of the crash.

Treadwell

oh by the way this weekend in richmond the bush cars were posting speeds hire then winston. truax jr car # 81 was almost 10mph faster then a winston car.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tread, your comments are welcome. just watch the tone. i know you have good intentions.
Old 05-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Registered

is that better.

Treadwell:
attitude adjustment

Last edited by Treadwellmotorsports; 05-06-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

My concern is more to keep a higher boat count in our class. Maybe the extra expense of the 525 or Vortec is the breaking point of a Factory class boats budget.
Randy
Tread. I shovel alot of sh*t and sure can take it to. No harm.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

i know randy i love you you know that. of course it everbody else trying to shoot me but you. i know what your saying about the budget but arn't the motors the cheapest they have ever been.

Treadwell

Quick Reply: APBA Factory racers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.