Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
New Idea for P5 in OPA >

New Idea for P5 in OPA

Notices

New Idea for P5 in OPA

Old 06-13-2003, 11:58 AM
BILL W

If you guys are wondering why alot of people are not racing and use there high dollar equipment for POKER RUNNING all you have to do is look at all the BS and arguing that just takes place on these forums,that is why alot of us are not racing.

Old 06-13-2003, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You have a point

However without the input from the racers where would you be? Its the people who dont race that constantly criticize the associations, we could live without. Come try out The Jersey Boyz I dont think you will be dissapointed. Ed
Old 06-13-2003, 01:44 PM
packinair

ED you are so diplomatic . a spot is being vacated in Congress in 2004 I'm putting you're name in.you're the best. you make It look easy say Hello to the family.

Old 06-13-2003, 01:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Poker running is for fun and bragging rights. There are no rules so nothing to discuss. All they can say is "the card stop was in the wrong place".

This is a good convesation. Racer need to know it's not all one sided. Putting these races together is not easy.

I could see a P6 class, up to 24' OB or IO.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I dont take it as complaining. I see it as more as ideas to make a good thing better! Like Eddie say's the racers aren't complaining.
MD
Old 06-13-2003, 09:36 PM
VIP Member

Default News Flash

We just hooked up with major sponsorship for the AC race, We will also have the OPA Celebrity Poker Run to AC on the Sat. before the race. And the race on Sun. Details will be released shortly. Hold on to your Lugnuts!!!!!!! Glen thanks man, Just trying to do right for the sport we all love. See ya soon Ed
Old 06-16-2003, 03:03 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a small suggestion for those running OPA and those who are complaining about things. Yes, it is expensive to get a dozen or so GPS's for everyone to have on board in sealed boxes like the LLC has. Here is a SOLUTION that I think may work for OPA.

1) If a racer or racers wants to protest the speed of another boat it shall be presented to the OPA Technical committee(Smitty,Augie,Kurt). The person that protests an entry is allowed to board the opposers boat with a committee member and run the boat at a flat out speed in calm water conditions(ie. Metedeconk or Barnaget Bay). The committee member will be holding a hang held GPS unit at this time. The opposer is onboard also to see that there is no fowl play in this process. If the boat fails to meet the speed bracket under its race setup for that day then it is disqualified. If the boat was legal then there are no ?'s.

If the racer who has been brought to the attention of possibly cheating opposes the inspection, He or She will be disqualified from the event.

2) Suggestion if the first suggestion was not liked. Ultimately align OPA with the LLC and have the Sealed GPS's for all your races.

Just a thought to help all you guys out with this. Not looking to get bashed upon, just trying to help out.

DPT

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 06-16-2003 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:07 PM
Registered

They did that in St Pete 2001 and busted a few guys at the nationals.
Good suggestion DPT.
Old 06-17-2003, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I heard the GPS in a box was under $200. So have everyone buy one. Would anyone complain? If you are racing what is another $200 for parity? Its a one time purchase that has value after you race.
OPA make it so and get a group rate. I'm in.
MD
Old 06-17-2003, 09:54 PM
Registered

Hell, anyone with a fast boat probably has one already

Quick Reply: New Idea for P5 in OPA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.