Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
Factory meeting a must in Fort L. >

Factory meeting a must in Fort L.

Notices

Factory meeting a must in Fort L.

Old 08-26-2003, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Factory meeting a must in Fort L.

Looooooo Ann Cambelllllll is putting together a meeting and will post times for all Factory teams and potential teams for next year. On the Agenda is motor options and boat weights for even parity for the next 3 years. Be there or dont *****.
MD
Old 08-27-2003, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P.D.,
Did Eddie have any luck with APBA on his wieght being less, and if not we need to bring that up in this meeting before the race, thats just to much for a F1 boat to wieght.....plus it dos'nt look like either one of them guys are missing any meals.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Registered

Randy,
the one thing I don't want is the night before to be told to add 500lbs or take it out without having a couple of hours of testing, so at this point it would be nice if there going to add more weight to us tell us now, the way it is know the sportsmaster is slowing us down almost 2 mph and we add 350lbs and the 500efi's take out 200lbs thats a 550lbs weight difference in the 500efi and 750 in the 500 carb. how much more weight do we have to add a total of 1000lbs, let us take our sportmaster off and let us weight 1000lbs more they come off 500lbs and we add 500lbs, it sound stupid but we then might be running 3rd and 4th.
maybe tie a anchor to us I don't know at this point Marks fed up with the hole thing an may not even run next year. I might have to run the Activator with a blow up doll.

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-03-2003 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2003, 06:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Join the Club guys, when you start the race at 5600 then tell me how you feel, You guys are only at 4950 now, I weighed 25 more than that with my 500EFI Thats why I would push for the 1 engine, 1 drive,
1weight, for next year.
Old 09-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

manitie i feel your pain. you and mark have work real hard to get where you are. i know this because we have been working on our boat for three years just trying to keep up with the smaller boats an all the weights. i have never understand why the bigger boats had to add more weight. my 2 cents is that i hope that we can get the horsepower the same. once we do that we can get weights adjusted. if we can not get horsepower settled then the bigger boats will need to have more weight to be removed!!!!!!! since we are going to be running on smaller tracks. there is no way we can keep up. our boat is probably the fastest warlock out there and it can not compete to win. i hope they will let you guys know soon if they are going to make anymore weight adjustments to the other boats or to yours. everybody needs to test there boats. everybody needs to know now!!!!!!!!!!! not at the race site because that is just asking for someone to get hurt !!!!!!!!!!because they do not know how there boat will react to the weight. bc
Old 09-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talking

Uh, excuse me BC but when it's not doing flips in the air Screamin' Eagle just might be the fastest Warlock out there. Let Ft. Lauderdale be the proving ground. We want to see you, Al, Jim, and if they're not too busy spearing fish the guys from BRE. As they say in the south, we done found us a real driver and we're after another podium finish.

F-1 teams: The Ft. Lauderdale driver's meeting will be held on Friday, October 3 at 6:30 p.m. at the Radisson according to the schedule of events. Would you be agreeable to meeting at a room in the Radisson at 5:00 p.m. on Friday? I can have sandwiches catered in and the teams can discuss all the issues without anyone from APBA present. After the discussions are over and consensus (we hope) is reached we can invite Steve Miklos and other appropriate APBA officials in so they can hear our views and we can hear theirs.

Sound good? Let me know if you have comments or concerns about the meeting date and time.

An agenda for the meeting would be very helpful so we stay focused. Anyone want to volunteer to develop one?
Old 09-03-2003, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i wish i could be there but at this time we are going to see how things play out. there is no reason to race until they get race the weights set. i think they are getting better but more weight needs to come out of the bigger boats. just my 2 cents i am going to hang out with eddie an see what happens . bc
Old 09-03-2003, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Allen and Loooo Annnn, The time is perfect for us. This is a very important meeting for all us Factory teams please everyone try to be there.
Great people talk about ideas
Average people talk about things
Small people talk about other people
Speak up or shut up!!!
MD
Old 09-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

BC - If you're not going to race we hope you'll come to Ft. Lauderdale to attend the meeting. It's important that everyone in F-1 have a chance to voice his opinion. Then you'll have an opportunity to influence how things play out instead of being told how things will be in the coming years.

F-1 teams: If you can't attend the Ft. Lauderdale meeting maybe we can set up a conference call so you can take part in the discussions remotely. PM me if you'd like to participate in the meeting via phone so I'll know how many are interested.
Old 09-04-2003, 08:17 AM
oui
Registered

Skipped my midnite snack the other....

Quick Reply: Factory meeting a must in Fort L.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.