Notices

Create a F1 class

Old 09-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

What about this homoligation thing ? Good or bad?
Old 09-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy:

I'd go to "production Bravo" for upper & lower. XR/XZ/whatever is a reliability thing, not a speed thing.

I'd also allow ITS. It's the way to go, and it's allowed in SVL.

Homologation: If F1 is supposed to be "Factory One," then you need homologation.

Last edited by Peconic; 09-12-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Randy,
If you were to do away with the "Homologation" rule, that might open the door for some older boats such as "Deranged"(27 Magnum) who initially wanted to run F1. Although he might not be competative in the flat water, he might be able to compete in the rough stuff.
There are alot of older boats that might come back out if the Homologation was deleted. I think it was Eddie who said "keep it affordable and boats will show".
If someone wanted to build an affordable F1, I think the best place to start might be an older less expensive hull.
I also agree with one engine/drive and weight.
One last idea, I don't think I would allow any "one off" boats, only boats that have been in production but may not have the "homologation" status.
Great thread!
Bob G.

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 09-13-2003 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Registered

Shane I agree!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But the BIG point is , its not up to the racers to make the rules,
Old 09-12-2003, 02:50 PM
Registered

Mike (Runaway),
APBA does listen. For example, last year we suggested a maximum length of 28' for P5. We waited untill after the Worlds and then presented our case, they listened to the voice of reason, and changed the rule for this year.
I think Randy is on the right path, obtain suggestions from other racers, and then present it to APBA in a concise and rational way.
Randy for APBA North East regional rep???

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 09-13-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:37 PM
Adivanman

If you want rules that the racers can live with, they have to be supported and understood by the racers and the sactioning body.

One engine, one drive, and one wieght can work.

Last edited by Adivanman; 09-12-2003 at 03:58 PM.

Old 09-12-2003, 04:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Not to piss anyone off but I thank we need to keep some of this Homoligation stuff on board, They have loosen the rules a bit already. I thank if you make a model change you can apply for homoligation with the first boat then sell the 5 pleasure boats. This opened the door for smaller builders to get into the game. The class was designed to sell pleasure boats and performance engine packages, we need to stay as close as we can to the boats on the show room floor. I do not see a place for 2 and 3 seat propose built boats in F1
Old 09-12-2003, 07:19 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie,
No trying to disagree with you or anything buddy but maybe lettting the older A class boats is not that bad of an idea. Trust me I know yours is one of the only boats out there that is really a true F1 as the class was initially intended for. I have not seen to many F1's recently that when u look in where the cabin should be and there is nothing but full stringers. Your boat I Know has a full cabin minus the cushions . The new F1's of this year and last year are basicly on the lines of an A class boat just with a different motor and drive.
I also agree with a one motor, one drive, one weight rule for all boats. My personal opinion on the motor is either the Mecury 496 motor or a Gm Vortec Equivlent.
I know I am not a owner/racer in the class but as someone who was once interested in this class I just felt like adding some input. All the recent changes and rules steered me away from wanting to enter in this class.
Old 09-13-2003, 08:47 AM
Registered

Folks, this is a good thread. It started with a clear and concise proposal. Let's keep it at that. Let's keep the bickering out of this thread.

One motor, one drive, one weight.

One motor: To be decided.

One drive: Stock Bravo drive, upper & lower. Whatever flavor.

One minimum weight: 4700 sounds like a good number.

Quick Reply: Create a F1 class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.