Notices

Key West news

Old 09-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Angry Key West news

I just heard that APBA LLC has moved the World Championship race from Key West to Alabama. Mike what are you thinking? Many others and I have already booked our hotel and airline reservations. I hope this is something that can be changed back to Key West. I personally will race in Key West in November with whatever race organization puts on a race. You can't change a race site just 2 months prior to a race especially the World Championship. We all look forward to this site every year and have made our contacts in Key West from prior years. This will not go over well with sponsors that have already invested money. Please reconsider this decision if it's true.

Your thoughts???

Randy
F1-29
Old 09-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'll poll the gang.

See Poll: Key West or Alabama?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=59311

Last edited by Peconic; 09-15-2003 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so randy your gonna run for a title that means nothing. and it's not mike changing. lee mills will not pay the sanctioning fee.

Treadwell
Old 09-15-2003, 05:41 PM
BJM
Registered

If Key West does'nt happen with Apba, this will be the beginning of the end. This is the worst thing that could happen to offshore racing in an already unstable environment. I think many racers will finally say F--k this sh-t, it ain't worth it.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Why can't we do it without Lee Mills, Move the worlds to January, after the Holidays, just an idea.
Old 09-15-2003, 06:00 PM
VIP Member

Default I know nothing

But, I hear everything, Someone should listen. There are a lot of major players here, not happy. I'll race in Egypt if they have a puddle, but a lot of people dont feel the same way. work it out MEN!
Old 09-16-2003, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I'm not sure I will even race in KW but just go for the vacation. I don't want to support Lee M. in any way.

Peconic change your vote to vacation in KW not race with LEE most don't want to race with him but have plans to be in KW for that week they cant change.This will cost people there sponsorships. Thanks Lee your greed will go down in offshore history.Talk about back firing in your face!!!

APBA needs better business partners!!!!
MD
Old 09-16-2003, 07:53 AM
Registered

lee sent me an email and ask for my phone number so he could tell me his side of the story. he says there is a lot of mis-information floating around and that he will address it shortly. i'll let you know if i hear from lee. i was glad to see he responded to my email. has anyone received a response?
Old 09-16-2003, 08:25 AM
LOBSTERBOY

Am i missing something here?? I am not condoning Lee in any way but it sounds to me like APBA offshore LLC is the one that is the greedy one here!aren't they the ones wanting the sanctioning money here? The same thing as the real APBA wanting sanctioning money from APBA offshore LLC?

Old 09-16-2003, 09:11 AM
Registered

dave,

i feel bad for you. i know you are looking to debut the new 29 open extreme. will the boat be ready in november? keep us posted on the progress of the boat.

unfortunately we should be getting used to schedule changes. it seems to happen often.

Quick Reply: Key West news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.