Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
04 SVL line up to date. >

04 SVL line up to date.

Notices

04 SVL line up to date.

Old 11-29-2003, 02:06 PM
eriracer

Gino,

Its not that I wouldn't enjoy the fact of running against you in SVL with your setup versus a canopy setup. Think of how we're gonna set up the weight scale since F-1 is lighter than SVL and the power package. If anything we all go canopy all run a engine setup of the same and agree on a weight, We're gonna be the biggest class for the 2004 season we have the chance to run deck to deck all the time giving our fans and "SPONSORS" what they really want excitement!
The chance that there will be the same winner in every race is almost impossible, so it should make for a hell of a race season. And there are still boats out there from the old A-class and P-class if anything contact Will Smith with Phantom or Mark with Extreme or even do some research for any small SBI boats that where canopyied.

Old 11-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Manatee

eriracer,
Thanks for the response.....we would weight the same as you have to....we thought if this was approved we would run the sportsmaster for F1 and just a regular XR for SVL....we would follow the same tech. rules you do and follow the same rules as the High Noon Activator boat...its the same hull...we still would only run 84 - 84.5mph...it would'nt be as fast as you guys but it would be fun.

Last edited by Manatee; 11-29-2003 at 02:23 PM.

Old 11-29-2003, 04:08 PM
eriracer

Gino,

I understand your point but when does a boat become un-safe if your running only 84.5 you need to run low 90's to even compete. My point is that at that speed it wouldn't be safe at all leave that to the guys with 18' actions and three hundred horsepower. We want everybody in the class we can get put to a point. Trust me in Ft. Lauderdale we wern't running hard at all in St. Pete we gave it 80% cause bI wasn't ready to go into turns at 80 mph and the one time we did and it was my fault we werev holding onto our asses. If the spin we did in St. Pete happened to you at that speed I don't wanna know what would happen. My only point is I'd rather race with a whole bunch of canopied boats rather than having to worry about different boats in the same class without. I have nothing against you on the move up trust me, I belive that we can go faster and keep the comp equal and just run the canopied boats feeling that we're all gonna bullsh*t later at the docks or at the bar.

Old 11-29-2003, 05:19 PM
Manatee

Thanks,
That was the input we were looking for...again were not trying to piss guys off just trying to race alittle more...thanks for the conversation....
See ya soon....
Gino

Old 11-30-2003, 02:10 PM
Manatee

Mark M.
Thanks...and I hav'nt been using spell check....Tredwell has been helping me along.....sorry Eric....Mark and I are ready to move up.....but it was between SV or SCL we are still talking serious about it....but the thing that stop us 2 months ago from moving ahead with it was all the crap going on with APBA..and with all the changes were thinking of holding off for one year and do it in 2005...but I got a good shoot of landing more than one big sponsor and would like to race on Saturday and Sunday....I've been talking to one team since Aug. for next year along with 3 other teams in the last two months about racing with them on Sunday....but the first thing, Mark and I click in the boat and it would be good if we could continue racing together....we know in this sport no matter how good you are if both of you don't click in the boat it won't work.....so we thought SVL would be the best way to good....its going to be the biggest class in 2004...but to go out and buy one for one year and building a SCL at the same time don't make sence......I would consider leasing one for a year and with the sponsorship would be able to pay good money for one year....but I guess thats another option....but time is getting tight...I want to sign and wrap up the sponsors so we can consintrate on racing....thanks for the Idea and your input.
Gino

Last edited by Manatee; 11-30-2003 at 02:20 PM.

Old 11-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Manatee

Hey Shane,
This year F1 and SVL did'nt run at the same time but in Ft. Lauderdale....all the other races F1 ran on SAT. and SVL on Sunday......are you racing F1 next year?

Old 12-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Manatee

Thanks Mark.

Shane B,
You need to race with us in 2004.....we need to get a F1 rep. so we can get the things your waiting for to be answered so you can get ready to race....their's alot of talk of SVL being the biggest class for 2004...but if the F1 guys do this right...it can be the biggest class again in 2004. I have some good ideas but we all need to get started....
Talk to you soon.
Gino

Last edited by Manatee; 12-01-2003 at 11:19 AM.