Notices

Svl

Old 04-28-2004, 08:37 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came close to buying the now Typhoon boat years ago when Rick had it for sale without the number 5 drive and the costly Stainless Marine set up. However when I sat inside the boat I knew it would not work for me because I felt claustrophobic inside the canopy. So for you guys that have never been inside one do so before you invest in one, I wish I didnt have that problem because I saw that boat race with Rick and Rob from Blue Thunder many times and most of the time they had the checkered flag. That boat was done unlike any other boat in his class at that time. If it was in Ricks hands it had to be a proven boat. I`m sure Rick has shown video clips of the 2000 Worlds in Key West to all his potential buyers if not see it and you will see how Rick and Rob raced that boat fearless .
Attached Thumbnails Svl-29ftblue.jpg  

Last edited by MIAMIBOYZ; 04-28-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thats halph the fun over coming your fears. It is differant but when the flag goes green it all goes away.
MD
Old 04-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Gold Member

Originally posted by TYPHOON
Thats halph the fun over coming your fears. It is differant but when the flag goes green it all goes away.
MD
I know Randy, I just didnt feel that way at the time and for that atleast you guys now race a true winner.

Albert
Old 04-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Registered

As for there only being 4 boats at the race. At the start of OSS they wanted at least 5 boats per class to start a class. SVL has more than the 5 teams that said they would race OSS. Being it was the first race some teams were not ready but are still comitted to race with OSS and where ever else they want. They will be in St. Pete for the next OSS event.
MD
Old 04-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally posted by MYPANTERA28
I came close to buying the now Typhoon boat years ago when Rick had it for sale without the number 5 drive and the costly Stainless Marine set up. However when I sat inside the boat I knew it would not work for me because I felt claustrophobic inside the canopy. So for you guys that have never been inside one do so before you invest in one, I wish I didnt have that problem because I saw that boat race with Rick and Rob from Blue Thunder many times and most of the time they had the checkered flag. That boat was done unlike any other boat in his class at that time. If it was in Ricks hands it had to be a proven boat. I`m sure Rick has shown video clips of the 2000 Worlds in Key West to all his potential buyers if not see it and you will see how Rick and Rob raced that boat fearless .
You're not the first to have a problem with a canopy, there have been several others. Some even cut their canopies down to help eliminate that feeling. Others are ok in the canopy but won't wear the mask for full time air due to the claustrophobic feeling.
I was on the other side, sitting inside a canopy with full time air almost gave me the feeling of invincability. I felt that I was protected from the world and I didn't have to worry about being trapped and drowning since we had enough air for 2 hours under water. Drop the visor on the helmet and Darth Vader look out.

You need to feel comfortable in the boat but you really need to take a canopy boat for a ride. Most of those feelings you have will go away. Randy is right, although I think you just need to push the sticks forward.
Old 05-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered

Any word if Volocity,Fountain or Lavy Craft are coming out with a SVL?
MD
Old 05-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Registered

Randy,

SVL is a fun race boat. I'm not sure it sells pleasure boats. There's a big Laveycraft following out here. The 2750 is very popular and most of the guys that buy/own them relate to the race boat. It's just like theirs. Not sure a lid would have the same effect. In fact a true manufactures class is opening up for pleasure boat owners with a 496HO who want to race. This is were four of the manufactures are going to put their money as it relates to selling boats and racing.

Jim

Last edited by Flashwave; 05-02-2004 at 01:48 PM.