Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NC Results

Originally Posted by bajathrottle
hey bruce where were you??

High Priority/ JOKER
won apba p5 and sbi p4
all other sbi p4 broke out
We decided to sit this one out so we could be ready for Point Pleasant this Friday and and Orange Beach the following week.

Congrats on the win.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:31 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Hey Mike M, Your wife works for VZ Wireless..... Get that set up for next year....

Verizon was one of the few that worked.

Jan
Old 08-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jan

Jan
And Mikes's worked everytime I called him
Old 08-09-2004, 08:38 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

I think Nextel was the one with the most issues. I know my Sprint was humming along and someone else had US Cellular that worked.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:13 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jan

Jan
Great!
Then I'll blame Mike for not getting us the results sooner!!!!!!!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-09-2004, 12:16 PM
Registered

I know our phones (Nextel) didn't work all weekend! That's ok...we still had a great time!

Augie,
Thanks for taking the photo with me! See ya in Key West!
Attached Thumbnails NC Results-augiecat.jpg  
Old 08-09-2004, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rios Roses team takes top Grand Prix prize
By Brock Letchworth
CHOCOWINITY — A weekend of speed wrapped up Sunday at Whichard's Beach with the Fountain Mercury Super Boat International (SBI) Grand Prix.

The race, which featured more than 60 speed boats from around the country, attracted clusters of interested fans that lined the shores of the Pamlico River to get a glimpse of the action.

When the last boat docked, the top overall prize went to a familiar group — the Rio Roses team, featuring Fountain Power Boats President and CEO Reggie Fountain at the throttle and Ben Robertson at the wheel, took first place in the Superboat Vee class, which also earned the team the overall first place prize. The boat's average speed on the day was 102.56 mph through 15 laps on the 61/2-mile course.

"We're really happy because Fountain boats had a great day today," Fountain said. "We've got some great employees that build great boats and it was nice to get out there for a Sunday afternoon ride and show them off to everyone."

Fountain's team began a dominant weekend by setting five world speed records during Saturday's kilo runs, including a blistering 171.883 mph pace in their 40-foot Super Vee Unlimited.

The new record eclipsed the old mark set by Fountain's team by more than 10 mph. On the second pass during the run, the team actually reached 177.359 mph, but the first pass of 166.407 lowered the average speed.

"I think it just continues to show that Fountain Powerboats are the fastest in the world," Fountain said. "We would have liked to of been able to run that boat in the races today, too, but unfortunately it wasn't race ready quite yet.

"Next year we'll come out and try to go even faster."

Records were also set in the Super Vee Limited (112.025), Superboat Vee (123.080), Super Vee Unlimited (171.004) and Super Vee (109.869). The kilo runs were just a preview to Sunday's races, however, where Fountain Powerboats swept each of the Vee bottom contests.

"It's hard to come to these races and outrun a Fountain boat because Reggie is so determined to be number one," said Robertson, who has raced with Fountain for over 25 years. "Whatever it takes to make the boats bigger, better, faster and safer for the public is what he tries to do.

"But you also have to commend everyone at the factory for making it possible."

Other winners from the SBI races included Team CRC (Superboat Limited Cat), Fountain Racing.com (Superboat Vee Limited), Racing Frenzy (Superboat Stock), Don't Blink (Offshore A), Velocity VRI (Factory 1), Simmons Racing (Factory 2), Lightning Jacks (Manufacturer Prod 1), Wazzup (Manufacturer Prod 2), Team Taboo (Manufacturer Prod 3), High Priority Joker Powerboats (Manufacturer Prod 4), Great Adventure (Manufacturer Prod 5) and Pair-A-Dice (PX Class).

The American Power Boat Association (APBA) also held races during the day with Team CRC taking the Super Cat Light win and The Rodriguez Group earning first in the Super Vee class.

Other winners from the APBA races were Extreme (Super Vee Light), Team Velocity (Factory 1), Simmons Racing (Factory 2), Don't Blink (Outlaw A), Team CRC (Outlaw Performance 1), RMS Motorsports (Outlaw Performance 2), Team Fortress (Outlaw Performance 3), High Priority (Outlaw Performance 5) and Pair-A-Dice (Outlaw PX).

Link to article
Old 08-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

The results of the inpromptu scooter(minibike) races were as follows...

3 Harley style mini's

1 perfect Ducati mini

1 mountain bike

2 CBR-style race bikes(full size)

results;

Ducati wins all but 1 race of mini's

Cash Bar beats Ducati on "chopper" style mini

Kcanes53 has a tremendous wipeout on the ApeHanger mini during race 10 or 12

One racer(?) has the all time best wipeout on a mountain bike while racing the mini Ducati

Fountain Staff turns off all lighting in Pit Area after races escalate to 2 full-size import bikes racing down pitlane

Final summary; Put several competetive "A:-type personalities together with combustion engines and surely racing will break out on some level.

PS- alcohol can further enhance this certainty.

Greg
Attached Thumbnails NC Results-minis.jpg   NC Results-minis-2.jpg  

Last edited by Cash Bar; 08-09-2004 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

Great racing there, right Greg? How is K's "road rash" healing, by the way? I'm not sure who the other wipeout was either, but I bet he was hating life Sunday moring!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: NC Results - Joker !

Way to Go Mack and Warren , the double win was awesome! BH

Quick Reply: NC Results

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.