Notices

Need a ride?

Old 01-08-2005, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need a ride?

That's why they started P Class...for guys to come out and race and see if they liked it and just have fun....and if you wanted to continue to race you would move up to a Pro-Series Class....were there was TV and prize money....now the P-class teams get TV and prize money so they are trying to make rules to make the class into a Pro-Series with size,engine and HP restrictions to make it competitive and fair for everybody....and very few teams are moving into the Pro-Series Class's.....This is not a shot at any of the P-Class teams...I know alot of them and they are great people....but if you ever want to see the Pro-Series Class's with 20 + boats in each class the P Class guys are going to have to step up...if not the P-Class has low entry fees and TV and prize money and no spec engines...they will have no reason to move up....not taking a shot at anybody....just if P-Class was run the way it was set up I think you would see alot more teams in the Pro-Series today...and I beleive thats what everybody is shooting for...5 or 6 Pro-Class's with 10 to 15 boats in each....Just my 2 cents..

Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 01-09-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:18 PM
Registered

I agree Gino but unfortunately, I can't afford another boat, So I am stuck in PClass.
Old 01-08-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

And I have to say Scott from you racing P-Class to F1 to P-Class....I think you would race against a 38 CAT in P5 and not complain and just go out and race and have fun.....and it showed with a 24ft boat and race and be compeditive against the bigger boats....I'm sure some day you will be in a Pro-Series Class racing a 38 V or CAT.....
kEEP HAVING FUN!!

SCARABSCOUNOROUL,
I hope you come out and race this year....even if its only the one race in BUF. It sounds like you want to give it a try and to have fun.....Just do it and enjoy....you'll meet some great people.

Sorry didn't mean to get off the topic.

Gino

Last edited by MANITIE; 01-08-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I am putting together a list of questions for me to ask Jim Poplin. If everything goes right, you can count on me racing in Buffalo. Either way, though, I will be there in some form or anohter, hopefully it's in racing form.
But for now, I have to worry about my wife's family. She just made a run for home last night, around 10 PM, after receiving a call from her brother. It appears that her mother may have had a heart attack.