Notices

Biloxi-Ft.Meyers/OSS

Old 01-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Biloxi-Ft.Meyers/OSS

As an OSS member,I can assure those interested that the Biloxi and Ft.Meyers races will go off .Ft.Meyers may have a different date,but we will be racing in the beautiful town of Ft.Meyers. in 05. OSS has a policy to not post races until contracts are signed but as we all know contracts can be broken. Our race schedule is not a wish list of locations. The racers of OSS dont seem to be worried so I am confused as to why someone like Phantom is so concerned. Phantom you don't show up at OSS races as a fan and as far as I know you don't even own a boat. You should just stick to your favorite sanctioning body and try to help them. Please don't worry about OSS we will be just fine!

MD
Old 01-24-2005, 07:32 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: Biloxi-Ft.Meyers/OSS

DH, What is WPR???? Im not looking for a pissing match. Just stateing some facts.
MD
Old 01-24-2005, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
As an OSS member,I can assure those interested that the Biloxi and Ft.Meyers races will go off .Ft.Meyers may have a different date,but we will be racing in the beautiful town of Ft.Meyers. in 05. OSS has a policy to not post races until contracts are signed but as we all know contracts can be broken. Our race schedule is not a wish list of locations. The racers of OSS dont seem to be worried so I am confused as to why someone like Phantom is so concerned. Phantom you don't show up at OSS races as a fan and as far as I know you don't even own a boat. You should just stick to your favorite sanctioning body and try to help them. Please don't worry about OSS we will be just fine!
MD
Actually, I own three boats.......

As for my previous posts - they were cut and pasted from recent newspaper articles. I added no commentary at all.

I had planned to go to the big OSS Jacksonville race last year, but as you know.......it was cancelled.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I could be wrong but I thought Jacksonville was cancelled over a MANATEE permit...............................

Honestly don't you guys ever feel like your chasing your tails here. Most people know better than to beleive 99% of what is posted here. It's usually the same group of people , some with very little racing experience, that post the most ridiculos(sp) stuff here. This type of banter gets nothing done for the good of offshore racing. SBI bought APBA (GREAT) but what does in mean in the long run. What is going to happen the the schedual that I already gave my sponsor. I really don't think OSS is going anywhere either. How many years did we hear the "this is the end for SBI" well now look who is in charge. It would be alot better for the sport is people got out there and RACED instead of being onthe internet constantly dragging OFFSHORE RACING throught the mud.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all due respect, how many times a person has raced has little or no bearing on their ability to contribute to the sport...... I learned alot last year,and most of it not on the race course.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Racer
Racer

Time involved has a direct bearing on personal knowledge of what is and has happened long term in offshore racing. If you werent around in say the last 5 years what do you know about the TRUE ups and downs in the last 20 years. I've seen alot of faces, millionares, movie stars, come and go and really they don't help offhsore long term. Guys like Gary Stuewe, who recently passed away, who won championships in several different decades, they keep offshore alive. Not some guy who has alot of money who has raced TWICE and does alot of talking on the internet like they know what will help OFFSHORE RACING in the long run.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:59 PM
Racer
Racer

I don't have the answers but, abunch of the same know it alls chasing there tails on the internet bad mothing any part of boat racing IS NOT the answer.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And dont ever call me "some guy who has alot of money "......... I am broke as $hit right now!
Old 01-25-2005, 08:23 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
What will help Offshore in the long run?
Not trying to interfere here but couldn't resist expressing my personal feelings in response to Mark's question. I think more events like Key West would do more for this sport than anything.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to interfere here but couldn't resist expressing my personal feelings in response to Mark's question. I think more events like Key West would do more for this sport than anything.
That is precisely what would help the sport, the biggest obsticle is getting to that point. The joint venture of APBA/SBI is a big step in that direction and it seems to have initiated a spark with GLSCS and OPA to open the lines of communication with WPR. If they decide to hop on board on a divisional level it would definately be another big step as well.

Quick Reply: Biloxi-Ft.Meyers/OSS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.