Notices

How About

Old 04-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: How About

Mike its not just me! Its the whole OSS that you have to convince to do it.
Im afraid there wont be a unified race this year and the town of KW,fans and racers will be the losers again. That stinks because of some 2 race min.for UIM that no one gives a hoot about. It is pretty sad its come to that.
MD
Old 04-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
..... SO don't tell me Im a one organization racer.....
MD
No I agree totally , You ran 2 Great Lakes Races and 1 SBI race last year. And no its not a personal attack on you. I have told you time and time again that I have respected you and your team. But when you ask the same stupid question about KW over and over again and get the same answer over and over again, what are we all supposed to think?

You get on here and post last year after the worlds" Where's my money?" When you dont take a moment and consider the legistical nightmare that occurred in KW with having 2 sanctioning bodies and 1 organization running in one race. Also how many hands the money had to go thru b4 it was sent to you. Now you say that "SBI is a dictatorship" when in fact it is the total opposite. All you have done on here is take personal attacks on John Carbonell. Sorry, but I take offense to that. He is not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but who is? No matter what, he has been an active part of this sport before we even thought about offshore racing and will be here way after. Looks to me like he has done something right. Whether he had 20 boats at a race or 100 boats at a race, he's still plugging along.

And yes Randy over time you have raced your a$$ off, one of the many reasons I looked up to you, and yes you have a lot of money invested into this sport. I unfortunetly am one of the have-nots in racing. I dont have the kind of portfolio you have at the moment. Because of my love and desire for this sport I had to spend the night before a race, in my truck. Over the past couple of years, I have spent every dime i have come across and put it into this sport. But you know what, we both put our pants on 1 leg at a time. All I ask is that you read the SBI/APBA rulebook anytime you have any questions concerning KW and either follow them or dont, this is America, we all have choices. You are a great guy Randy, but your posts make people think otherwise.

Enough going back and forth on this thing though, you want to talk, my number is 321-508-3077. As i have said time and time again, Good luck wherever you chose to race this year and most importanlty be safe.

Trent
Old 04-03-2005, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy....I still don't get what your about......Like Trent said you have changed...not a personal attack...but you say why OSS is so great..and I'm not saying there not....but to brag how they are so perfessional and then say just race were you want and have fun...and now post here how SBI/APBA should not have a World Chanpionship race because you don't want to obey there rules is just stupid...Now I know you are not speaking for OSS because I now Paul W. and Elaine M. would not ask SBI.APBA to do such a thing....Your comment to why OSS members won't combined with SBI is made by you....and we hear you...so why be involved with the SBI/APBA Worlds....If you feel so strongley about OSS why not post a tread on how OSS should have there own Worlds and invite everyone and see who shows....To sit here and already try to say without OSS the Worlds will not be great is a slap in the face to a lot of people....
Why can't you just move on and race OSS...
We all know you are here to just stir the pot...but there becomes a time were your voice and your comments are a reflection of your Organization...and people have to start to wounder if maybe OSS likes the comments that you make...but don't thing Paul or any OSS board member would get on a public form and make the comments that you make...and when you stop and think about it..there is a reason why they don't.....
If there is a so called boycot were no OSS teams will do the 2 races in SBI/APBA to qualifie for the Worlds..then maybe you and the rest of the OSS teams should take some responsiblity for your disition and the outcome....you have the opertunity to race the Worlds and you say it has to do with money and fee's...well so do I...I have to pay $2300 to join OSS and entry fees just to do 1 OR 2 races...so if I do one OSS race its going to cost me $4,000 including the entry fees + crew members...and thats the rules and I will follow them like we all do if we want to race....
Again these are not personal attacks on you...I am responding to your comments on what your justification is on how there should be no Worlds if you can't get in FREE....
I know its a long shot...and we don't see eye to eye...but maybe this year we can all just sit down and just have a drink and not talk all this B.S. at a race like we used to

Take care...

Last edited by MANITIE; 04-03-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Randy is the F1 World Champ from a few years back. Doesn't the give him and Glenn and all other prior APBA/SBI World Champs the chance to compete in Key West?

How far back can you go and does it have to be in the exact same class?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: How About

Why doesnt everyone try the OSS thing instead of the APBA / SBI thing and give it a try,Bob Bull is a great guy and we all know what Bubba can do,evryone says we should all go to them,why ot go to OSS,all of the people involved have been involved for years and they are willing to listen to all sugestions including open cockpit boats,they also have a multi year plan and want to make this a more professional sport,and they are one group who is open for the unification of the sport and also to help the sport grow,not limit it to if you do this or you do that you can do or not do .It is about Unification as a whole not I am better than you or you are better than me,it is about BOAT RACING and that is it.Why not try reversing the roles and see how it works.We have already experienced the other people trying to make it work and we all have seen the results,there are not enough race boats as it is let alone enough not to all be racing together,PERIOD
Old 04-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: How About

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
MD

Just race 2 Sbi/Apba races and you can race in Key West.

Mike
who reall cares if he runs key west not sbi-apba-umi im sure!
Old 04-04-2005, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

OSS only offers a few classes. No offshore Races. Hate flat water, I gave up water skiing years ago for something a little more challenging,
Old 04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

WOW. OK guys you all win. I dont want to hear later this year that you cant understand why there cant be a unified worlds. All I wanted to do was to try to have a unified worlds again. As I said before which you dont believe most OSS teams will not run 2 races to qualify. Im off this subject for now.
Trent, the where is my money issue was based on an agreement that we would be paid in 2 weeks after the worlds and it took much longer than that. I thought I was entitled to my money if I was told I would be paid in 2 weeks.
What else do you call an organization with one leader that calls all the shots. Im not taking shots at John. give me a better name then
MD
Old 04-04-2005, 09:10 AM
VIP Member

Randy, I am not taking any sides here, but just to shed a little light, I went to Atlanta for the SBI-APBA meeting. Reps from each class were chosen, rules were discussed changes were made, and ballots were then sent to the teams to vote on these changes. I myself was surprised at the way the rules were handed to the racers to decide on. My own feeling are If you dont have a guy at the top making the final calls, you cant move forward. Too many indians not enough Chiefs. Smitty
Old 04-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
What else do you call an organization with one leader that calls all the shots. Im not taking shots at John. give me a better name then :
MD
........a corporation or LLC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.