Notices

How About

Old 04-03-2005, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default How About

What would work is if both body's took the title of WORLD CHAMPION off the last race. ONLY if both can come to an agreement to race at a site together will it be called a World Championship Race.
MD
Old 04-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How About

What if you guys just come on over to Sbi/APBA, let OSS die a respectable death, join in the democratic process that is used in the new organization (similar to OSS), and use your voting power to mold the organization into something that you guys can live and race with. Not only do you get what you want but the whole sport benefits from unity.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At this point it may impossible; but unification is a must for the sport to reach its true potential.After a great event like Key West, why would anyone want to settle for anything less?
Large fleets of boats,competitive racing,enthusiastic race teams,and excited spectators makes for a more marketable sport for everyone involved.A significant legitimate series sponsor would take the sport to the next level.The first step in making that happen is ONE professional national sanctioning body.Someone,somehow,someway make it happen!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

can i get an AMEN !!
Old 04-03-2005, 12:36 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2005, 12:39 PM
Registered

Can anyone tell me what the substantive issues are that prevent OSS and Sbi from joining? Or is it just egos? Give me a few reasons why they cant function under one banner???
Old 04-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered

SBI is a LLC with one man that has total control
and OSS has voting on all rules and business aspects.

Neither group needs the other.

OSS is about quality not quantity.

OSS pays at the race a $10,000 purse per class
SBI pays ? and when?

OSS only allows canopy boats

OSS has racers to comitt to every race in the year

Plain and simple there black and white.

Last edited by TYPHOON; 04-04-2005 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Randy, out of curiousity, have you read the rule book? Well wait a minute you ask questions 20 times about eligibilty into KW(and get 20 answers), so theres no way you have taken the time to do so. If you have issues, you talk to your class rep, then it is brought to the board, umm the board(group) then votes(sound familiar?). The rulebook doesnt say that verbatim, but I figured I'd try and simplify it for you so you wont ask stupid and repetitive questions as 90% of your posts are.

Dang what happened to you? What kills me is that I looked up to you and told people that havent met you how great a guy you are. Boy I look like a jacka$$ now, but you know I'll get over it as I am sure you already have.
Good luck to you this year and be safe.

Trent
Old 04-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thanks for the personal attack on me. When some of you on this board go out and spend over $100,000 on race boats and have 2 spare boats in your yard you cant run then you can say I don't know what I'm talking about. I have been part of the best Factory racing offshore racing has ever seen. I was one of the few teams that raced the first year till 2003 when it died. I also raced SBI,APBA,OPA,Great Lakes and used to do 14 races a year. SO don't tell me Im a one organization racer. When people needed boat count I was there. When APBA asked us not to race in KW I didnt. When there was 2 worlds we raced both SBI and APBA. When we needed to take 3 weeks off work to travel to the worlds I was there. When there was a APBA race in Toronto on Sat and A SBI race in NYC on Sun. we drove all night to do 2 races in one weekend with both. Typhoon has raced 85 races in 7 years. When OSS was formed we went to SVL and know have limited time to race. I'm no super hero but a racer that has earned the right to speak my mind.
MD
Old 04-03-2005, 05:27 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

MD

Just race 2 Sbi/Apba races and you can race in Key West.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.