Notices

Terry Rinker Wins Greater Chicagoland Grand Prix

Old 09-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Terry Rinker Wins Greater Chicagoland Grand Prix

Terry Rinker Wins Greater Chicagoland Grand Prix –
Fifth Consecutive Victory Sets New ChampBoat Series Record

FOND DU LAC, Wis. Sept. 06, 2006 – Rinker Strikes Again! Mercury Racing-powered Terry Rinker of Riverview, Fla., is now five for five in the 2006 ChampBoat Racing Series after winning the Greater Chicagoland Grand Prix on the Kankakee River in Kankakee, Ill., on Monday, Sept. 04. The win puts Rinker in the records books for winning the most consecutive races in ChampBoat Grand Prix Series history. The Kankakee River Roar race was round five of the 2006 ChampBoat Racing Series presented by Mercury Racing.

After the pole sitter, Rinker took advantage of Shaun Torrente who had built up a half lap lead and encountered mechanical woes that forced him to the trailer with 21 of 50 laps completed.

“We just let Shaun take off and lead the event and didn’t worry too much about it since he had struggled finishing all season long,” stated Rinker. “We now have the record but we aren’t going to stop: we’re hoping to make it a perfect season before this is all over.”

With Rinker enjoying a comfortable lead around the four-pin, 1.25-mile course, a great battle for second ensued between Chris Fairchild and a hard charging Tim Seebold. Seebold had moved up from fifth to third and was encroaching on Fairchild as time elapsed. Fairchild displayed an unforgettable amount of talent as he kept Seebold at bay, darting in and out of traffic to defend his second place position and eventual finish.

“We are delighted to take another podium,” stated Fairchild. “It’s always a special treat to do it in my home state as well. We are hoping to carry the momentum to Hartford in three weeks.”

Brian Normand helped solidify his rookie-of-the-year status with a strong fourth place in his Swipes-sponsored boat, while another Illinois driver, Lynn Simburger, came home fifth in his Famous Craft-sponsored machine. All were powered by Mercury Champ EFI race outboards.

With two races to go, Rinker now has a total of 2,942 Champ class points, a 329-point lead over second-place contender Tim Seebold.

Round six of the 2006 ChampBoat Racing Series presented by Mercury Racing is the ChampBoat Grand Prix of Hartford, Sept. 23-24, in Harford, Conn. Additional information can be found on the official Web site for the ChampBoat Racing Series at www.champboatracing.com.

About Mercury Racing
Based in Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Racing, a division of Mercury Marine, is a leading provider of high-performance marine propulsion systems to discriminating boaters worldwide, offering an exciting and fulfilling powerboating experience on the water.
Using leading-edge technology, Mercury Racing produces high-performance outboards, sterndrives, propellers, parts and accessories.

Mercury Racing-powered boats worldwide win more races and set more records than any boats powered by other marine engine manufacturers.

Mercury Marine is a division of Brunswick Corp. (NYSE: BC), the world’s largest manufacturer of recreational products, including pleasure boats, marine engines, fitness equipment, and bowling and billiards.

Released: 09/06/2006-RM

Mercury Racing
Senior Marketing Manager
Phone: 920-924-2032
FAX: 920-921-6533
E-mail: [email protected]
Old 09-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Registered

Default Re: Terry Rinker Wins Greater Chicagoland Grand Prix

great work Terry!!! I meet him a few years ago at the Rinker dealer meeting . He is a real nice guy also
Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't Rinker sell out and it's no longer a Family owned and run business?
Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Registered

I Was Running The Safety/tow Boats And It Was A Great Race. Todd Bowden Of California Was Actually Winning The Race And Running Faster Than The Whole Field Until He Broke Down And Was Forced To Leave The Race. Seebold Of Bud Light Racing Came In 3rd With A Great Race As Well. Bill Seebold Said They Just Could Not Get The Props To Set Up Right. Been A Tough Year For Them. Great Weekend Of Racing And Only Had One Major Tow In The 45's And Noone Was Hurt. I Did Get To Tow The Hooter's Boat In Following The Champ Race But Did Not Even Get Any Free Wings Nor Posters, Darnit. Hammer
Old 09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
Registered

Well, said hammer01.
Nice to see another rescue guy out there! I'm in charge of Rescue/Patrol at the Bay City River Roar. I stopped down at St. Louis for the GrandPrix Championship to hang out with the guys from rescue & race officals that travel the series. Terry is on terror. He just tore it up here in BC and St. Louis. Damn nice guy! Chris Fairchild & Shaun Torrente seems to have the worst luck this season!
I feel ur pain on the Hooters tow when i used to bring'm in also.
john