Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Offshoreonly Industry News
NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Bud Select Offshore Team Brings Home Eighth Conescutive Title >

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Bud Select Offshore Team Brings Home Eighth Conescutive Title

Notices

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Bud Select Offshore Team Brings Home Eighth Conescutive Title

Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Bud Select Offshore Team Brings Home Eighth Conescutive Title

Post Race – Notes and Quotes
OSS National Championships – Las Vegas, Nev.

October 6 – 8, 2006

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - Budweiser Select Offshore Team Brings
Home Eighth Consecutive National Title

Race Facts:
• Eighth consecutive national title for Budweiser Select Team
• Thirty-three boats competed on Lake Mead
• Top speed – 175 mph
• Took over first place on lap seven
• Competed in the OSS Extreme Class
• Seventh win of the 2006 season

Quotes:

Dave Scott – Owner/Driver – Budweiser Select 44’ Extreme Boat

“I feel great. It doesn’t get any better than this. This is a beautiful area and the Budweiser Select Team
did an amazing job. It was a good, tough race. We were behind after the first six laps just trying to find a
way to get around the leader. We’d go inside then outside, just trying to do everything we could to take
the lead. The lead boat got into some traffic and we made the right cut to stay clear of it, came around the
corner and Johnny did the rest.”

“We wanted to get to the inside and I went in a little more aggressively than maybe I should have. We
had good speed in the corner and then I felt the boat about to hook. Johnny grabbed the throttles, I
countered with the rudder and the boat gathered back up and took off again. If you’re going to win a race
like this, you’re going to get into some tough situations, that’s all there is to it. If you don’t want to win,
then you just lay back, and we were definitely not doing that. So it was one of those things we had to try.
This was definitely a team effort – Johnny did awesome and I’m so proud to be here.”

“The crew did an amazing job with the boat. The crew worked into the late hours of the evening on it
because we had some problems yesterday (Saturday). What more can you say – it’s a national title and
we’re thrilled.”

“It was really hard trying to judge just how fast we could make those turns, especially the right-hander.
We were going around it at 150 mph. Judging how fast we could make turns in this boat without crashing
was the hardest thing for me to do. We were definitely concentrating hard on not making a mistake
because we were going so fast. The slowest speeds I saw the whole race were on the left-hand turns and
that was probably 112 or 113 mph.”

“We began the race on the outside line. We went into the turn side by side with another boat, and
obviously the inside boat has the advantage and is going to come out of the turn well. We’d pull ahead on
the straight-aways, but they just weren’t quite long enough to get around and take the lead. We got
caught up in some traffic and gave Team CRC a pretty good lead, but we were able to reel him back in.
Once he caught traffic, we were able to take advantage of that.”

“Everyone worked really hard. We had some problems yesterday (Saturday) we hadn’t anticipated, but
the team overcame them. It’s great to come out here and run like we did. Dave did an awesome job
driving. The other teams ran so strong and it was such a competitive race. It was a very intense event.”

Career Team Stats:
• Wins 54
• National Championship Titles 8
• World Championship Titles 7
• Top Gun Titles 5
• Official Offshore Speed Records 6

Other Pertinent Information:
• Next OSS race –World Championships – Destin, Fla. – November 5 – 12, 2006
• OSS (Offshore Super Series) – In December of 2003, a group of offshore race boat
owners announced the formation of the Offshore Super Series Powerboat Racing
Association, a not for profit organization dedicated to the development and growth of
offshore powerboat racing. Powerboat racing has long been recognized as a beneficial
advertising medium for sponsors and provides significant economic impact for the
business communities that host the events. The objectives of events are to further the
image and professionalism of offshore racing and to provide quality venues in which
spectators, sponsors, producers and the racers can all benefit through the growth of this
exciting sport.
Attached Images