Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshoreonly Industry News (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshoreonly-industry-news-100/)
-   -   Cigarette Racing Team™ Plays With A Full Dock (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshoreonly-industry-news/142622-cigarette-racing-team%99-plays-full-dock.html)

eWebtricity 10-12-2006 02:19 PM

Cigarette Racing Team™ Plays With A Full Dock

1 Attachment(s)
From the traditionally favorite Top Gun to the totally new Top Fish, Cigarette Racing Team will show a full array of its custom-built, performance lineup, October 26-30 at the Bahia Mar Floating Docks (HI 9-16).

The Top Fish—while long-rumored to be added to the Cigarette deep-V bottom line up, this 39’ center console performance boat is ready to go fishing—in rough or calm waters. Powered by triple or quad Mercury high-performance, 2 or 4-stroke outboards, the Top Fish is a totally new Cigarette, geared to the growing trend in family boating and sport fishing. For over two years, the Cigarette team has worked to create a fishing boat that is truly a Cigarette, combining all the finest in function and design—from the billet-supported hard-top, to the roomy air conditioned cabin and stand-up head, this 10’ beam boat is loaded with options and creature comforts and is available in limited numbers—with back-orders already placed. (See attached release.)

In addition to two new Top Fish models, one with triple Verados and one with quad 300 SX engines, Cigarette will display the following models:

38’ Top Gun—the longest-standing model in the line. Introduced in 1987, the Top Gun has been the staple of the Cigarette line up, with over 650 of the model sold. This year’s Top Gun is lean and mean, in style and design, with side-by-side Mercury Racing 525 engines, XR Sportmaster drives connected to the ITS transom assembly, a cockpit that has been expanded by 10”, and for the first time, factory paint. With top-of-the-line interior features, the Top Gun is Cigarette’s classic package for the discerning powerboater.

“We are offering the most bang for your buck in the Top Gun,” says Skip Braver, President and CEO, “The Top Gun has long been the icon of the Cigarette line and we aim to keep it that way—now with an even roomier cockpit.”

39 Top Gun Unlimited—to satisfy its customers’ request for a staggered engine configuration in the Top Gun, Cigarette developed the 39’ Top Gun Unlimited. Since its debut 2 year’s ago, the boat has earned the 2005 Powerboat Magazine Offshore Vee Bottom of the Year Award and has been a top-seller. This year’s model boasts the new Mercury Racing engine package of twin 700 SCi engines with its dry-sump NXT1 Drives. Combined with Cigarette’s sleek, lighter hull design, this mid-range horsepower propulsion package creates manageable high speeds—affordably. Cigarette will also display a 39 Top Gun with the ever-popular HP525 engines from Mercury Racing.
More...
“We have experienced great results with every Mercury engine we have validated, from the 1075’s to the 850’s and now, the 700’s. Mercury now offers an ideal engine for every avid powerboater and we can match it with the right hull and deck,” states Braver.

42X—Cigarette experimented with a staggered engine configuration in its bigger hulls by using the 42X as a Poker Run boat. The company campaigned the 42X successfully for a year with a variety of Mercury engines, then brought it into the line for customers who wanted a step-up from the Top Gun models, without going all the way to a 45 or 46’ . The boat is a beautiful blend of size/space and performance,” says Neill Hernandez, Executive VP.

“I really like the way it runs,” says Phil Lipschutz, Cigarette’s exclusive Miami dealer for many years, “The boat has gotten great response with 850’s and now with the 700 package, we know we can build a 100 mph boat that is dependable, at a lower price—and plus it has a one-year guarantee from Mercury.” The unusual shades of purple in the paint job on this boat have been a big hit at the factory, as has the clean, solid white upholstery with deep purple accents. In fact, the purple paint incorporated into the engine compartment, was so striking that Mercury Racing added it to their spectrum of optional engine colors.

50’ Marauder—Powered by Triple Mercury Racing 850 SCi’s, the 50’ Marauder commands attention, even alongside other sizable Cigarettes. The 50 Marauder is the largest boat in Cigarette’s lineup and was created to satisfy the European market’s desire for the biggest Cigarette. “Many of our customers want big boats and big power, so that’s what we deliver,” says Hernandez, “We create it all—that is Cigarette’s tradition as the leading custom boat builder. Whether you want a medium size boat to go 80 or a big boat to go 100+--if you want a boat that is safe and dependable—a gorgeous streak on the water and eye candy at the dock--we’ve got it all right here!” he adds.

“Though we can’t display everything in our line, this group of boats represents today’s Cigarette Racing Team,” says Braver, “In both existing and new models, we’re proud of the skilled workmanship and solid teamwork that goes into each of our boats. We keep our line evolving and that’s why we’re looking forward to a successful show.”

# # #

Photos available on request.

OldSchool 10-17-2006 12:20 PM

Re: Cigarette Racing Team™ Plays With A Full Dock

Originally Posted by eWebtricity

Photos available on request.

I'd like to request some photos....especially of the CC TopFish! :D

John W. Blake 10-17-2006 01:34 PM

requesting some photos of the Top Fish please........

Joe 10-17-2006 03:33 PM

I think they meant of their logo, which they did attach in the first post! :D kidding.....

I'm sure EVERYONE will have pics up after Lauderdale.

Joe

OldSchool 10-17-2006 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Joe
I think they meant of their logo, which they did attach in the first post! :D kidding.....

I'm sure EVERYONE will have pics up after Lauderdale.

Joe

I'll have my own pics next week!!!! WooHoo :drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

akaboatman 10-17-2006 09:00 PM

hey joe is it true you sold nasty habit oops god speed i have allways loved that boat.dont get me wrong i love deal or no deal just as much.it was great seeing you in destin.artie

Joe 10-19-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by akaboatman
hey joe is it true you sold nasty habit oops god speed i have allways loved that boat.dont get me wrong i love deal or no deal just as much.it was great seeing you in destin.artie

Godspeed is an awesome boat - all the way around; no doubt!!!
It now has a proud new owner, whom has also quickly become a good friend. This is his first powerboat, and I'm sure he won't have it long after he get's comfortable driving a go-fast and will be also ready to step-up. Everyone, keep your eyes open.... I'd guess sometime before summer this boat should again be for sale ---- and, it's the one to buy (I can say that now, without prejudice, as I no longer have any stake in it ---- It's clearly one of the nicest, fastest and best sounding (stereo) 38 525 boats made)!!!!!

Joe

DollaBill 10-19-2006 02:45 PM

The Top Fish is beautiful. I saw it at the factory 2 weeks ago and it will turn heads.