Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Offshoreonly Industry News (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshoreonly-industry-news-100/)
-   -   VELOCITY Powerboats announces the extension of its Super Sport Ser (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/offshoreonly-industry-news/154298-velocity-powerboats-announces-extension-its-super-sport-ser.html)

OSO News 03-23-2007 02:39 PM

VELOCITY Powerboats announces the extension of its Super Sport Ser

Initial Marine Corporation’s VELOCITY Powerboats announces the extension of its increasing popular Super Sport Series (SSC) with the addition of the new ssc290, ssc322, and ssc410 Mid Cabin Series.

The Mid Cabin appeals to the sector of performance boat customers that do not sleep onboard their boats and want additional room for their guests aboard. “With the VELOCITY "SSC" series’ deep and roomy cockpit and spacious cabin’s, the Mid Cabin addition makes the perfect addition to the performance cruising lifestyle”, says Steve Stepp, President of Initial Marine Corporation.

For safety and comfort, the new Mid Cabin VELOCITY’s are skewed toward forward- facing, twin seating positions while under way. Convenient and safe standard bow rails with bucket style forward seating make the open bow design perfect for additional passengers in mild to medium water conditions. While fully under way, the Mid Cabin cockpit cover sheds water over the bow efficiently.

The VELOCITY Mid Cabin offers the full cabin room that is always popular in the 29, 32, and 41 foot lengths. VELOCITY has created an efficient open bow configuration that only consumes the V-Berth area. Entry to and from the cabin is convenient and simple for any age passenger.

If lake and non overnight performance cruising is the desire with multi passengers, the New VELOCITY ssc290, ssc322, and ssc410 offers the perfect answer.

VELOCITY Powerboats Brand is celebrating its 30th year of bringing Ultra High Performance, Handling and Safety to the boating industry. All VELOCITY’s sold world wide are manufactured in Sanford, Florida.

suntimes 03-26-2007 10:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And here's a couple of pics of the 290 version, courtesy of Exxtreme Motorsports :cool:

Xtremeracing 04-04-2007 06:59 AM

Very nice ....

marylandmark 04-04-2007 07:59 AM

I am not really a "bow rider" fan but think it is a great use of space!

I went the CC route because IMHO the v berth is a waste of space.

Thong Fellow 04-10-2007 05:23 AM

Does anyone have any pix of a 322',or a 41'??????

hunster 04-10-2007 12:17 PM

Looks like it almost has a beak? Does the length include the swim platform? That always confuses me with these boats.

1HYPER1 04-11-2007 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2088695)
I can't imagine putting an open bow on a 41' boat.:rolleyes: You bowrider boys better stay off the ocean.

Thats a good way to get bounced out at a high rate of speed.:D

R Addiction 04-15-2007 08:26 AM

:eek:

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2089849)
Not to mention a flooded boat after a big wave hit.

:eek:

carney 04-15-2007 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My friend in lake havasue had his converted and sent pics to velocity, And now they have them. not quite sure if they are for me but , everyone is different.

1HYPER1 04-16-2007 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by carney (Post 2093790)
My friend in lake havasue had his converted and sent pics to velocity, And now they have them. not quite sure if they are for me but , everyone is different.

I think that it would probably be OK on a lake but on the Chesapeake Bay or the Ocean I think it could be disasterous and not a real good idea.