Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Offshoreonly Industry News
Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 has been completed and tested and wins 2 awards >

Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 has been completed and tested and wins 2 awards

Notices

Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 has been completed and tested and wins 2 awards

Old 04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 has been completed and tested and wins 2 awards

Press Release

Algonac Michigan 4/27/07

Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 factory boat has been completed and tested.

The boat will be used to attend many poker runs across the country. It makes sense to show off the new model in the line up and Poker Runs are the best venue to show it off.

The boat is powered by twin short staggered Mercury 700’s. The F-4 can be ordered in the fully loaded standard configuration or in the Poker Run model.

In the first run with a half a tank of fuel and 5 people on board the boat hit 102mph in the lake.

Team Sunsation will have the boat at the Tickfaw run on May 5th to start the schedule.

There will also be 2 other F-4’s at this run as well.

Sunsation's New F4 - first boat ever to win two Powerboat Magazine Awards in the same year

By Wayne Schaldenbrand - President/CEO Sunsation Powerboats

The 2007 Powerboat awards this year opened with a new category: Best Model of the Year. It was said to be inspired by Sunsation’s F-4.
An offering of this magnitude needs to be recognized. Bob Teague spoke of Sunsation’s
integrity and mainstay in the industry.
The leap from the semi-custom 28-32 market boats, to the hard core, fully custom, race rigged, that they tested last year, simply put was stunning. After receiving the award I thought I had sat down for the night. Shortly thereafter another announcement was made. “Never in the history of Powerboat has one boat been given two awards.”
They had come up with the conclusion that the F-4 also deserved the Outstanding Offshore V-bottom Workmanship Award. Having the company under the microscope Teague jokingly said, “ I hunted to find some Trim Lok, there wasn’t any,” remarking on the purchase of our new CNC router that was in high gear. Fiberglass tooling with detailed character lines, Mitcher T paint that was flawless, and a cabin and cockpit interior by McLeod Design Group that was perfectly executed. My closing statement on stage was, “I would like to thank everyone at Sunsation and affiliated with Sunsation for their hard work and their effort to make all this possible.
It is an honor to receive this award. Thank you Powerboat.”

We also entered the performance trials. Thanks to our dealer in Destin, Florida, Captain’s Choice who sold F-4 hull #4 to Bill and Wendy Harrison who were nice enough to let Powerboat Magazine test and qualify for the 100 mph round up. We snuck in at 101.2 mph, exactly what I had hoped for. Another write up on F-4 Hull #4 will be out shortly. Bob Teague gave me a couple of tips on acceleration and speed to try in the future. He also mentioned, “Some boats are ready for big power and some aren’t; you’re ready.”

Sunsation Powerboats
www.sunsationboats.com
Attached Thumbnails Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 has been completed and tested and wins 2 awards-powerboat-award-pg1.jpg   Sunsation Powerboats new 43 F-4 has been completed and tested and wins 2 awards-powerboat-award-pg-2.jpg