Cigarette Racing Team Unveils the 55’ Cigarette Super Yacht
MIAMI, Florida (June 19, 2007) - Cigarette Racing Team will unveil the much anticipated 55’ Cigarette Super Yacht to the international press on Thursday, June 21st, at Big Fish Restaurant, on the Miami River, in downtown Miami (55 SW Miami Ave - 305-373-1770) from 4pm to 8pm. Members of the press will be regaled in true Cigarette fashion— food and libations from one of Miami’s top rated restaurants, entertainment by the Cigarette Girls and hourly tours aboard the Super Yacht.
”We did not ‘just’ want to build a yacht; we wanted to build one that would be worthy of the Cigarette name,” said Cigarette Racing Team CEO, Skip Braver. “Once you board the Super Yacht, you’ll see why we are so proud of the end result. This has been a labor of love for all of us.” At 55’ length and 15’ beam, this is the largest Cigarette ever built.
“The challenge was to engineer and design a yacht for speed and luxurious comfort,” says Jim Ross, of Cigarette Super Yacht. “The 15’ beam allowed us to configure a spacious 3 cabin/2 head floor plan with extensive entertainment areas while maintaining the sleek wave piercing hull profile.” The Cigarette Super Yacht is equipped with state-of-the-art technologies, from the navigational electronics to the onboard appliances. “This is the ideal yacht for the current Cigarette owner who not only enjoys the thrill of speed, but wants a comfortable vessel for long cruises with family and friends,” said Jim Ross.
“This is the natural evolution of the Cigarette brand,” says Skip Braver. “Our customers requested this addition to our lineup and after four years of research and development, both Jim and myself are very pleased with the results.”
At a glance:
• The Cigarette Super Yacht’s hull is infusion molded for optimal fiber to resin ratio.
• The floor plan includes one master queen bed cabin with private head and shower, one queen bed guest cabin with a shared head/shower, one guest twin cabin and a large main salon with a 7’ 6” ceiling and a fully equipped
• On the cockpit deck, a built-in dining area includes an icemaker, refrigerator, electric grill and sink. A solid retractable sun roof protects the entire cockpit section.
• The stern section of the yacht has a retractable swim platform, garage for full size tender and access to the engine
• The Cigarette Super Yacht is available with either Twin MAN 800 HP or 1100 Common Rail diesels for speeds in excess of 60 MPH (1100HP) and range of 390 nautical miles (1100 HP). The first two Cigarette Super Yachts have already been pre-ordered and Cigarette is currently taking orders for Q4 2007 and 2008 delivery.
Cigarette Racing Team is the world’s leading manufacturer of luxury go-fast powerboats. Founded in 1969 by powerboat racing legend Don Aronow, the Cigarette name has become synonymous with speed and style on the water. The signature deep V hull and Mercury Racing powerhouse have made Cigarettes famous for their handling and agility in rough waters. The 2007/2008 model lineup also includes vessels from 39’ to 50’, as well as an open fisherman 39’. Cigarette boats are proudly hand crafted by over 100 artisans in Miami, Florida (USA).
For additional information contact Cigarette Racing Team at 305-931-4564
55’ Cigarette Super Yacht FACTS AT A GLANCE (with MAN 800’s, with props and shafts)
MIAMI, Florida (June 21, 2007)
LOA 55’ 11”
Beam 15’ 0”
Overall Height 21’ 3”
Height from waterline 16’ 9”
Draft (to prop) 4’ 6”
Draft (to keel) 2’ 10”
Displacement 40,500 Lbs. (45,000 Lbs. with 1100’s and Arnesons)
Fuel 630 gallons (790 gallons with 1100 package)
Fresh Water 100 gallons
Black Water 40 gallons
Grey Water 26 gallons
2 x MAN R6-800 (800 HP each) (2 x MAN V10-1100 (1100 HP each))
Top speed 38 Knots (44 MPH ) (53 Knots with 1100 package (61 MPH ))
Cruise Speed 33 Knots (38 MPH ) (45 Knots with 1100 package (52 MPH ))
Range (at cruise speed) 400 Nm (350 Nm with 1100 package)
Generator 13 kW Kohler (13OZD)
Shore Connection 50A - 220 VAC
Service Batteries 24V 600Ah
Charger 24V/100A Mastervolt
Inverter 24/110V 2500W Mastervolt
• Completely infusion molded hull and deck, ensuring optimal resin to fiber ratio resulting in maximum strength
with minimal weight
• A wlgrip painted to ensure years of fade free brilliance (No UV fade as with a gelcoat system)
• 3 Stateroom layout Featuring master forward with queen bed and private ensuite, VIP aft to port with queen bed
and shared ensuite, Guest cabin aft to Starboard with twin bed.
• 32” Sony Bravia HD LCD and Sony CD/DVD/MP3 player in salon with custom 5.1 surround sound system.
• 20” Sony HD LCD and Sony CD/DVD/MP3 in master and VIP cabins, and optional in the Guest Cabin
• Wolf appliances including induction cooktop in galley and BBQ grill in cockpit
• Full size Refrigerator/Freezer in galley
• Microwave in galley
• Mini fridge and icemaker in cockpit
• Hydraulic swim platform
• Hydraulic Garage with dinghy retrieval system
• Electric hardtop/sunroof
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine