New Verado 350 SCi Outboard
Refinement with Roar
FOND DU LAC, Wis., Feb. 14, 2008 – Mercury Racing is pleased to announce the introduction of the all-new Verado 350 SCi – the latest addition to Mercury Marine’s flagship Verado outboard family. The 350 horsepower in-line six-cylinder engine continues Mercury Racing’s heritage of delivering more power and performance than competitive outboards with the same horsepower rating.
From the top cowl to the all-new gearcase, this engine is designed to exceed consumer expectations in product quality, reliability and performance.
The Verado 350 SCi combines the brains of Verado with the brawn of Mercury Racing. The 2.6-liter supercharged engine features electronically controlled sequential multi-port fuel injection, four valves per cylinder, double overhead cam design, a charge-air cooler and electronic boost bypass control.
The new top cowl design, developed by Mercury Racing, features fresh air intakes at both the top and front of the engine. The custom cool air intake at the cowl top, designed to help maintain consistent engine operating temperatures, draws air into a flywheel-mounted fan. The flywheel fan circulates cool air around the powerhead and associated components. An innovative air scoop, on the cowl front, channels fresh air directly to the supercharger via the air intake attenuator - thereby improving power and performance.
Mercury Racing engineering enhancements, combined with patented sound-dampening technology, results in a remarkably quiet high performance outboard.
The Engineered Driving Experience
The Verado 350 SCi delivers the strength, toughness and durability recreational boaters and offshore sport anglers demand. Mercury Racing developed an all-new sand-cast driveshaft housing for Verado’s revolutionary Advanced MidSection (AMS) for enhanced durability in the unforgiving offshore environment. Stainless steel guide plates with fiber wear pads, along with high-performance engine mounts, result in enhanced engine stability at high speeds.
Mercury Racing designed an all-new gearcase to handle the Verado 350 SCi’s high torque and power output. Engineers developed a new hydrodynamic shape and size to accommodate the larger-diameter straight cut gears, heavy-duty 1-1/4” diameter propeller shaft and billet aluminum bearing carrier.
The Verado 350 SCi is equipped with SmartStart. All you have to do is turn the key and release. The engine will automatically start itself. Electro-hydraulic power steering and SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift provide for an exceptionally smooth and responsive driving experience combined with sports car-like handling and performance.
For additional information on the all-new Verado 350 SCi and the full-line of Mercury Racing products, visit mercuryracing.com
About Mercury Racing
Based in Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Racing, a division of Mercury Marine, is a leading provider of high-performance marine propulsion systems to discriminating boaters worldwide, offering an exciting and fulfilling powerboating experience on the water.
Using leading-edge technology, Mercury Racing produces high-performance outboards, sterndrives, propellers, parts and accessories.
Mercury Racing-powered boats worldwide win more races and set more records than any boats powered by other marine engine manufacturers.
Mercury Marine is the world’s leading manufacturer of recreational marine propulsion engines. A $2.3 billion division of Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), Mercury and its 6,200 employees worldwide provide engines, boats, services and parts for recreational, commercial and government marine applications. Mercury’s industry-leading brand portfolio includes Mercury and Mariner outboard engines; Mercury MerCruiser sterndrives and inboard engines; MotorGuide trolling motors; Mercury and Teignbridge propellers; MotoTron electronic controls; Mercury inflatable boats; Mercury SmartCraft electronics; and Mercury and Quicksilver parts and oils. Mercury Marine’s OptiMax engine was ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Two-Stroke Outboard Engines Two Years in a Row, Tied in 2007" by J.D. Power and Associates, and Mercury MerCruiser engines were ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Sterndrive Engines, Two Years in a Row." More information is available at www.mercurymarine.com.
Verado 350 SCi Key Features
High Performance Top Cowl
• Cool air intake for powerhead/components: Custom intake at the top of the cowl forces air through to the top of the flywheel. A flywheel fan disperses air around the powerhead and components to regulate under cowl temperature.
• Cool air intake for supercharger: A functional air scoop mounted on the front of the cowl delivers fresh outside air through the air intake attenuator and into the supercharger. The air feeding the supercharger is virtually the same ambient temperature as when it entered the engine – enhancing the supercharger efficiency for maximum engine power and performance.
• Mercury Racing graphics: Features the Mercury Racing “M” icon, “Engineered by Mercury Racing” stamp of excellence. The SCi logo comes from Mercury Racing’s popular supercharged sterndrive engine family.
• All-new cylinder head: New design for enhanced durability.
• Custom exhaust valves: Race-derived for enhanced performance and durability.
• Camshaft: Custom lobe profile (intake and exhaust) and Mercury Racing-derived cam timing for enhanced power and torque.
• Supercharger: Custom rotor profile for enhanced supercharger efficiency.
• Pistons: Mercury Racing-derived piston profile and custom piston ring pack for enhanced durability and performance
• Piston Cooling Jets: For enhanced piston durability.
AMS (Advanced MidSection)
• Sand cast driveshaft housing for added strength and durability.
• Modified exhaust tube: relieves engine back-pressure for enhanced power and performance.
• Heavy-duty trim pin and steering head: Made of high load bearing, impact-resistant fiber material for enhanced durability in extreme offshore conditions.
• Stainless Steel Guide Plates: Mercury Racing-designed stainless steel midsection guide plates with fiber wear pads enhance engine stability at higher speeds and in rough seas.
• High-Performance Engine Mounts: Designed in conjunction with Mercury’s exclusive Advanced MidSection for minimal Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) at idle.
• All-New Design: All-new hydrodynamic shape and size. 1.75:1 gear ratio.
• Silver Paint: Painted silver to match Mercury Racing’s popular Torque Master and Fleet Master gearcases.
• Heavy-Duty propeller shaft: Large diameter (1-1/4”) shaft for enhanced durability. 25 percent larger than conventional shafts.
• Heavy-Duty Bearing Carrier: Billet aluminum for enhanced durability. Larger-diameter gears with straight-cut teeth for enhanced strength and durability.
VesselView – Race Edition
• Trim Tabs: The Verado 350 SCi is enabled to display trim tab position via Mercury Racing’s new VesselView Race Edition monitor.
• Fuel Pressure Sensor: Enables fuel pressure display via VesselView Race Edition.
• Power Steering and DTS: Electro-hydraulic power steering and SmartCraft Digital Throttle & Shift provide an exceptionally smooth and responsive driving experience combined with sports car-like handling and performance.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine