"I recently installed CMI's new 496 Elbow Top header package on my boat. All I can say is WOW! I gained 4 MPH...the throttle response has also greatly improved. The best part, I did all the work myself."
Todd R. / Linwood, MN
CMI’s 496 E-Top Headers are a direct Mercruiser replacement for your 496 Mag or 496 HO engine. There is no need to purchase additional custom tails. This is a true plug and play system.
These 496 E-Tops are mandrel bent and formed from high quality 316L grade material. The headers offer more water jacketed protection than your stock exhaust can provide. CMI uses the same high quality semi-automated process on these headers as with the entire product line. These headers are fully post annealed to reduce stresses built up in the header during the manufacturing process.
Sophisticated engineering leaves your stock oil lines in place and only requires relocating your oil filter with a supplied bracket. These 496 E-Top headers are easy to install with step by step, do it yourself instructions using Mercury supplied engine schematics.
This kit is price competitive to other aluminum/stainless manifold systems. The 496 E-Top Header kit introduces CMI’s new low cost satin stainless finish or choose from the classic polished stainless finish.
- No custom tailpipes required, the 496 E-Top is designed as a direct replacement for your stock exhaust
- Infuses the competitive racing look to your stock engine
- 1 7/8" id primary to reach peak horse power and torque
- Works on drive centers as narrow as 34.5"
- Cool collar patented flange designed to eliminate the risk of getting water in the motor by the head flange
- No need to relocate the stock ECU, making installation quick & easy
- Exhaust water temperature bungs installed as standard equipment
- No cast parts to crack, all CMI collectors are forged from American made stainless steel
For more information, call Custom Marine at 920-720-4225.
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine