63rd Annual Catalina Ski Race: Streaming Video Update

Notices

63rd Annual Catalina Ski Race: Streaming Video Update

Old 07-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 63rd Annual Catalina Ski Race: Streaming Video Update

Greetings!
We are very sorry to announce that the Live Video Feed will not be available for the Catalina Ski Race this weekend. Below is the post from RiverDavesPlace.com

Live Video Feed for Catalina Ski Race CANCELLED

"We have everything set in motion, and now this Carmageddon deal with the 405 freeway happening this weekend... Long story short we have everything in place and ready to go, but we can not get a frequency from the FCC to broadcast from the Helicopters back to the Hotels.

No frequency = No live feed.

It was suggested that we record the race and broadcast it, but again with no frequency, the announcers can't see the race for the audio etc..

I would like to say, this isn't one of those situations where we threw in the towel. SpotonDL has fought, clawed, bribed, borrowed, and begged to try and make this happen. A frequency is never impossible to come by, but with this news deal, every news agency in town is here, and the LAPD took the rest of the frequencies.. We even went so far as to talking to the main guy at the FCC for the west coast, and tried to run it in a 2 hour window to no avail..

It is completely out of our hands at this point. All sponsors of the feed will be refunded their money, checks returned etc.. Any additional costs will be absorbed by CSR and myself."

-RiverDave

Last edited by KennyOffShore; 07-19-2011 at 12:50 PM.