Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Offshoreonly Industry News
Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed >

Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

Notices

Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

Old 02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

WAUKEGAN, IL, Feb. 15, 2012 – Shogren Performance Marine has successfully completed a merger with Pier 57, joining industry-leading sales with top tier service. From its headquarters in Chicago, Sjogren will take over day-to-day operations of the new company and will maintain a sales presence in Counce, TN.

“We’re very excited about this opportunity,” explained Scott Sjogren, founder of Shogren Performance Marine. The new Pier 57 is committed to being the best and biggest dealer ever, where the buying, selling, servicing and overall client experience will be second to none.”

The combination gives boaters a single point of exclusive access to the best brands in the business: Cigarette, MTI, Checkmate, MYCO, Eagle and Mercury Engines exclusively, along with a great selection of used boats.

“I feel very good about the merger of our businesses. Scott's a very driven and motivated guy, and he'll bring a ton of new energy to things,” commented David Woods, founder of Pier 57. “We're gonna keep doing what we do well. But now we're doing it together, which makes it even better. It's all good!”

“It makes perfect sense to combine the best performance boat salesman I know in David Woods with the best retail operator in the business in Scott Sjogren,” offered Fred Kiekhaefer, President, Mercury Racing. “Complementary talent, leading boat brands and outstanding consumer relationships…it's a brilliant combination, and I’m glad I’m on their team.”

Staffing within the merged organization will remain the same, continuing to deliver the exceptional service and attention to detail that customers of both businesses have come to expect.

“Cigarette Racing is strongly committed to the dealer model because we recognize the immense importance of a complete and well-managed sales and service offering, and these guys are two of the best in the industry,” said Skip Braver, Owner, Cigarette Boats. “Their reputations are exceptional.”

“We chose to adopt the Pier 57 name with our merger because of its well-known brand position and for long term branding opportunities we see within the high performance powerboat industry. This collaboration begins a new chapter—leveraging our combined strengths and well-known histories,” added Sjogren.