Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Offshoreonly Industry News
Team amsoil offshore gets back in the winner’s circle at the 2012 saint clair river c >

Team amsoil offshore gets back in the winner’s circle at the 2012 saint clair river c

Notices

Team amsoil offshore gets back in the winner’s circle at the 2012 saint clair river c

Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Administrators

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Team amsoil offshore gets back in the winner’s circle at the 2012 saint clair river c

Team AMSOIL Offshore traveled to Saint Clair, Michigan with just one thing in mind: get back into the winner’s circle. After missing a win by a few seconds at the last race in East Tawas, Michigan which was preceded by a “stuff” in the rough waters of Ocean City during the first race of the AMSOIL Offshore Racing Series sanctioned by OPA, the Team was ready to come back strong and claim the top spot on the podium.

Once again, the town of Saint Clair went all out to put on an incredible festival event around the racing activities along the city’s water front. Michigan Highway 29 was again closed to traffic for three days to provide a place for the race pits, vendors, and parties. Every day included music by top name bands in the Park. It is estimated that nearly 100,000 people attended the event on each day.

Team AMSOIL was set up at the main entrance to the Saint Clair River Classic event which included AMSOIL product displays by local dealers.

Team AMSOIL spent Thursday and Friday going through the boat and systems preparing for a long test day on Saturday. Bob Teague decided to try a completely new set up for this course compared to previous years as he explained, “Last year I missed the setup from the standpoint of wind direction, which has a lot to do with making a boat run good there.” Testing proved that two set ups proved to generate better lap times than the previous year. After nearly 100 miles of testing, Bob and Paul decided that one of the two set ups could be a winning combination and that a final decision would be based on the wind conditions on Sunday.

The wind conditions on Sunday turned out to be less than they were on Saturday. Even though the wind was calm, the waters can still be tricky on the River due to back wash from the walls and the boiling current in the turns. After studying lap times from Saturday, Paul and Bob selected the set up that they felt would be the best and prepared the boat accordingly.

Team AMSOIL raced in the third and main event. When the pace boat dropped the green flag, Team AMSOIL took a slight lead holding off Team Phoenixparts.com. For the next 5 or 6 laps, Team Phoenixparts.com presented a significant challenge but was not able to catch the very fast Team AMSOIL 368 Skater.

From that point, Team AMSOIL was able to add a few seconds lead on each lap finishing the 15 lap race about 23 seconds ahead of Team Phoenixparts.com and about a minute ahead of the third place boat, Infinity.

At the conclusion of the event, Team AMSOIL Offshore was given the checkered flag and paraded along the mile long spectator crowd in celebration.

As reported by Speedonthewater.com, “[Bob] Teague admitted it was nice to get the victory at one of his favorite events, but he says the Team has a ways to go if it wants to win a championship.”

Team AMSOIL is “one of the most accomplished offshore racing teams ever” and has captured the OPA High Points Championship in its class for the last 5 years, including presentation of the prestigious Stugots Cup, awarded to the Team for an Overall High Points Championship in 2011.

We are proud to announce that AMSOIL is the returning sponsor for the 2012 AMSOIL Offshore Powerboat Series sanctioned by OPA Racing. Cameras will again follow the Team AMSOIL members and other racers throughout the racing series to bring viewers a behind the scenes look at offshore powerboat racing. The shows are projected to be one hour long each, with a rebroadcast of each episode. Coverage of the AMSOIL Offshore Powerboat Series is set to air Fox Sports Network later this year.

AMSOIL’s great sponsorship package, dedicated racing department team and superior lubricants all make it possible for Team AMSOIL Offshore Racing to achieve success! The AMSOIL Dominator Racing Oil continues to be proven as the best choice for the Mercury Racing 525 EFI engines. The Team has also proven that the absolute best oil for a Mercury dry-sump VISSM drive is AMSOIL “MCF.” Teague Custom Marine is an authorized AMSOIL dealer and offers the complete line of high performance lubricants in its store and for purchase over the phone. There are also opportunities available for you to become a dealer!
See you at the races!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks for assisting me through all my questions about how to select +++as well as for your fast responses,I really appreciate that!Hopefully I didn't annoy you by asking so many questions .^_^"and i really like this delux designer handbags.I would defpnitely bookmark the wesite and recommend to all my pals!