How good was their crystal ball? >

How good was their crystal ball?

Notices

How good was their crystal ball?

Old 06-25-2005, 10:28 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How good was their crystal ball?

I think you'll enjoy reading this. I did this interview as one of my first articles for Extreme Boats Mag.

Now two years later, see who was right and who was wrong.

http://njoffshore.homestead.com/CrystalBall.html
Old 06-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Registered

Default Re: How good was their crystal ball?

Ron...great to see what people were thinking a few years back....

First thing, I have to have a little fun...
How good is your crystal ball?

RANDY, In 2003 we plan to win the National Championship title in addition to the World Championship.

RANDY, We need some fresh competition to try and knock me and Glen off the podium in 2003. If you think you’ve got what it takes, you can find us at any of the APBA national series races in F1.

I hope they got a new crystal ball after those comments....must of been a recall on the one he got...."TYPHOON...ANY QUESTIONS" ( All in fun )

I think Martins comments are right on.....
Nobody has to listen, but for the last 7 or 8 months, I have had chance to talk to a number of marketing and advertising companys who clients are big names that sponsor NASCAR and a number of sporting events....
As racers we can't have it both ways....meaning some racers want it this way and some want it another and then blame the Organizations.....If you think sponsors are going to knock on your door becasue your racing in Offshore and getting a little TV time....don't wast yout time waiting by your door...there are indepentant NASCAR Owners today who are doing very well on the track and are compeditive and get TV time and can not secure a full time sponsor...they base it on a week to week race if they can find the money just to see if they can qualifie....and I'm not talking millions...I'm talking he is trying just to get $20k-$50K or what ever he can get and then dipps into his own pocket to cover the balance.
No matter what Organization your talking about...if you think just becuase you have 6 to 8 boats racing in just one class ,that companys are going to pay you because you call that racing....get in line because there are plenty other ways they will spend there money for marketing then with that model....
And if you think just maybe..just maybe all conopy boats will all race in one Organization and the other boats in another...and get 20-25 boats in each class and thats what its going to take to get the TV coverage and the money from sponsors to please racers to what they want.....that will take a long...long time...and thats based on the past.....Its funny how 3 or 4 years ago all the talk from the racers were we all need to race together, that was the big thing...and now...its not that big of a deal....I wish both Organizations would invest into a independant big time marketing and advertising company that specilizes in Sports and Sponsorship.If they came out and we told them, here is what we have or will the sport be better for the fans, racers and produce more oppertunity for TV and sponsors if we all raced together and today not 5 to 10 years from now had class's with 10 and 14 and 23 boats in the major class's work.....

The moral of the story...you can use a crystal ball or you can do what works and has been proven...racing is exciting when there are 25+ compediters in one class then 5-9 compediters...and instead of asking racers what will work, ask the poeple who have made it work.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 06-26-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered

OOOHHH.....One other comment I like and I agree with..

RANDY, You can not beat the Key West World Championship races. This is the water that separates the men from the boys.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Registered

Makes sense Gino...

and your speeling has comproved wunderfooly
Old 06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
Registered

Hey Bruce,

If my spelling got better, you would know it wasn't me....
Old 06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Dry Sump
Looks like Key west is a favorite. I wish we could see an event like last year
Don't we all.....
Old 06-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post