Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin. >

One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

Notices

One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

Old 10-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

Hey John,
I'm not sure if you remember me, David Cowan, I work for Chattanooga Police Department, and work on midnight shift patrol in the area the boat races were held. I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I enjoyed the races, and I contribute a large deal of that satisfaction to you and your race crews. Everyone was so nice and willing to answer questions. I have been to a few races in Key West, Marathon, and one in Savannah, and I'll have to say, I have never been too impressed with certain race teams. They seemed to give the persona that they were too good to talk to the average people. Smitty, "Mama", Augie, and yourself were not your "typical" race team, you treated people the way you wanted to be treated, and that is a lost, commendable attribute. I should not be trying to remember names, these were just the ones that stood out to me, everyone was so nice. You offered to send me a jacket if I e-mailed you later because your trailer was already locked up, but "Mama" actually took hers off and gave it to me, that was so awesome. Unfortunately, it was too small for me, but my girlfriend loves it. I originally had made no plans to try and go to Key West for the finals, but to say the least, AMF left a lasting impression! I have gotten the time off, and plan to drive to Key West on the morning of the 17th when I get off of work. I wouldn't miss getting to see your guys in action once again. My friend, Marty Dunn, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, has also made plans to come with me, along with our better halves. Marty operated the Sheriff's boat by the marina, just before you got out to the race course. I wish you and the team the best of luck and I am looking forward to the events. Thank you so much for your professionalism and I hope Chattanooga is on your list of stops next year! If there is anything I can do for you or the team members, feel free to call me/e-mail ANYTIME, it would be a pleasure for me to assist in any way possible. Good luck again in the Keys, we'll be cheering you on!!!!

David Cowan
Old 10-22-2005, 05:20 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

The funny thing Ron, this letter is probably the first of many letters to follow. The FANS are coming back. I don't think anyone realizes how important it was for AMF and OPA to come together. I believe next year will be the biggest and best season we've seen in a long time. I'm just glad I got involved when I did, and the changes I've witnessed in such a short period of time are unbelievable.

A fan turned racer,

Dave
Old 10-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered

Default Re: One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

amen
Old 10-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Registered

David Cowan’s letter hit right on head the nail. I have followed this sport for a while now. I go to as many events as I can, any organization, it doesn’t matter. I have great respect & admiration for ALL teams. Yes, some teams are more social than others. That’s just how some people are. I’m sure all the stress & anxieties of traveling to a venue have something to do with it. I have never had the chance to meet John Haggin, but if the people that surround him are as fan friendly as Augie. He has a fantastic group of people surrounding him. It’s nice when racers take a little time for a fan, maybe answer a question, take a picture, what ever. That’s one of reasons we keep coming back year after year.
Mike
Old 10-24-2005, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbs up Re: One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

Yes, yes, yes ---- many of you do not know what is all involved with racing the National Circuit. The time and effort that Haggin, Smitty and Augie have put into a sport that they love can not be measured. After being on the National Circuit for over 14 years, it is people like this that make me keep coming back. My hat is off to you guys and believe me, the best people I have met in my life have come from offshore racing ! See everybody in Key West.
Bob
Old 10-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

John Haggin and his crew are doing it the right way. Having fun and letting people get up close and personal with their teams. This is great for the sport.

Keep up the good work,

Andrew Bloom
Old 10-24-2005, 02:03 PM
glenn murray
Platinum Member

John Haggin thank you I arrived in Camden roughly 730 am with out a coat and was pleasantly surprised to here you were giving away jackets. it sure felt good to warm up' I went home with a story and a jacket' the following week a fan admired the jacket and now promotes AMF with 'his new jacket THANKS AGAIN JOHN HAGGIN
Old 10-25-2005, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Smitty, there's one cop that liked us in Chattanooga!
Old 10-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Augie your not right!!! They all loved ya but the HP.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I guess your right. That fu$king Rat Ba$tard. The Local guy's were GREAT!

Quick Reply: One fan's opinion - Letter to John Haggin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.