Question about Opa-racing series

Notices

Question about Opa-racing series

Old 10-11-2006, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Question about Opa-racing series

Originally Posted by Reindl Powerboats
We have some P5 and P6 boats ready to go, as well as some boats you could rig yourself and customize. We would be willing to let you try something for the Worlds in Destin to see if it was for you. Let me know.

Chris Reindl
513.706-3199
Hey Chris,
Just wanted to thank you and Dan for both OC and Cambridge MD...to bad the engine in Dan's wouldnt spin over 4300 rpms in Cambridge coulda been a contender. If ya happen to get an open seat i'll be in Destin i believe Dan has my number

Bernie
732-539-5882
Old 10-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The o.P.a. series has renewed my intrest after the disapointing Alwies years at A.P.B.A. You will be able to run your equpt at 80% thus it will live for another day and so will your wallet. The "dukes" boys{ P.6 }have a wattsup engine making 700 plus and don,t break. Crocketts Engine {P 6} is out of his lawn mower, he can,t help it he loves to make power. seriously I.ve had a couple of scarabs And a cigarette with small blocks, I don,t think thats your answer. A lite weight single engine boat with lots of H.P. at 80%will give you lots of fun and plenty of challenge .Twins are just to much work and expense for a new race effort.My concern is, you risk losing intrest befor you have the fun the vast majority of O,P.A. guys are experiancing. WE look forward to your arrival in O.P.A. "Grumpy1" Crockett Marine Engines.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Single is the way to go...we destroyed both our motors (amongst other things ) the first year, and are still recovering...

Hope to have the Beast out in 07.

See ya there...Good Luck!

Marty
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

It's spelled Allweiss. Mike did alot of great things for offshore racing , let's leave his name out. OPA is about unity , non bashing , not looking back to the past! Anyway back to the thread.
When you convert your pleasure boat to race , plan on loosing a ton of money when you get ready to sell it. Just trying to help guy's. There are alot of used race boats out there that are dialed in.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
When you convert your pleasure boat to race , plan on loosing a ton of money when you get ready to sell it..

That’s were I’m lucky, I bought the boat (WELL) under market value at a repo yard last summer. I’ll set up and give it a run, If its something I enjoy I will build or buy a “race only” boat.

I truly appreciate all the help and encouragement you guys are offering, If all works out I’ll be seeing you at Round 1 2007
Old 10-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I can tell you're a good guy and will do well in offshore racing. Hope to see you in Destin!