Notices

Apache

Old 11-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Apache

I have owned an older 35' cigarette for 15 years and enjoyed every trip out on her. Have now made up my mind to sell her and look to get a 41 Apache, a boat I have wanted for a long time. In phoning dealers to get some backgroud info and find one of these boats one guy reckoned I was mad to buy an old race boat and that I was at least ten years out of date. The boats are heavy, slow and could easily be beaten by a step bottom. This was totally contrary to my thoughts and would like to here the views of others about buying one of these fantastic older boats.
Tony
Old 11-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Apache

Originally Posted by tonyto
I have owned an older 35' cigarette for 15 years and enjoyed every trip out on her. Have now made up my mind to sell her and look to get a 41 Apache, a boat I have wanted for a long time. In phoning dealers to get some backgroud info and find one of these boats one guy reckoned I was mad to buy an old race boat and that I was at least ten years out of date. The boats are heavy, slow and could easily be beaten by a step bottom. This was totally contrary to my thoughts and would like to here the views of others about buying one of these fantastic older boats.
Tony

Yes They are Old looking.
Yes They are Heavy.
Yes They would get killer racing a new style boat with equal power.

BUT they will crush any wave in their way! And who runs equal power? It's a big boat and it should have big power! Viscous marine has one that the rebuilding for a customer. I’m 6’3 and had a hard time seeing over the windscreen. It's a lot of boat.