Notices

Prop For P6

Old 11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop For P6

OK whats the prop you can run in p6 with a 1.5 gear 4 blade what size can you run 24, 26, talking to boxer he ran a 24, but was testing like me this fall with bigger to see what max speed would be on the edge not for racing, so what did the guys how raced this year run and did anyone beak out in p6 this year or was the water to rough. I hope me and the boxer team will be back nexted year. my boat needs beefing up bulkheads and maybe floor will find out in jan, and it looks like the knee operation I had 3 weeks ago didn't work so I hope to be back in for my 7th operation in dec, so the can be started in jan I thinking 6 to 8 weeks I will rip out the old stuff plexiglass bad fiberglass and make a templates. so any thoughts about the 26 or should I be looking for a used 24. ps congrats to all the teams that won .I feel sorry for ON THE CHIP AND JD from what I have read on here.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Prop For P6

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
OK whats the prop you can run in p6 with a 1.5 gear 4 blade what size can you run 24, 26, talking to boxer he ran a 24, but was testing like me this fall with bigger to see what max speed would be on the edge not for racing, so what did the guys how raced this year run and did anyone beak out in p6 this year or was the water to rough. I hope me and the boxer team will be back nexted year. my boat needs beefing up bulkheads and maybe floor will find out in jan, and it looks like the knee operation I had 3 weeks ago didn't work so I hope to be back in for my 7th operation in dec, so the can be started in jan I thinking 6 to 8 weeks I will rip out the old stuff plexiglass bad fiberglass and make a templates. so any thoughts about the 26 or should I be looking for a used 24. ps congrats to all the teams that won .I feel sorry for ON THE CHIP AND JD from what I have read on here.

I would use the 24 but it all depends on the torque curve of the motor and where the power peaks. We have 2 P6 engines for sale. One of them was the Dukes Destoyer but the only thing it destoyed was our boat.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:56 AM
Registered

Re: Prop For P6

WHAT HAPPENED did you tear out your stringers , I have a good motor with old carb which was to lean it was 627tq made power to 6000. I know to not break out with my 26 I would have a rev limiter set at 5000 which makes 600hp the 24 maybe 5300. Did you guys run limiters so you wouldn't break out, Tyler I was hoping you guys split the wins between you guys and green boat DUKES it was to funny this season watching you guys goof on each other. I'm glad everyone was safe. I just got to get my boat glued together and my knee cap replaced the operation I had 3 weeks ago doesn't look good so I WILL TRY TO GET BACK IN FOR DEC OR JAN. SO I CAN RACE NEXT YEAR. and I am pretty sure boxer will be back Peter was building a house this summer.SO what was the killer motor putting out and what hull are you looking at now??
Old 11-15-2006, 06:40 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
WHAT HAPPENED did you tear out your stringers , I have a good motor with old carb which was to lean it was 627tq made power to 6000. I know to not break out with my 26 I would have a rev limiter set at 5000 which makes 600hp the 24 maybe 5300. Did you guys run limiters so you wouldn't break out, Tyler I was hoping you guys split the wins between you guys and green boat DUKES it was to funny this season watching you guys goof on each other. I'm glad everyone was safe. I just got to get my boat glued together and my knee cap replaced the operation I had 3 weeks ago doesn't look good so I WILL TRY TO GET BACK IN FOR DEC OR JAN. SO I CAN RACE NEXT YEAR. and I am pretty sure boxer will be back Peter was building a house this summer.SO what was the killer motor putting out and what hull are you looking at now??

Yes we broke everything including blowing a hole in the front also. The new engine worked great it did everything we exspected.We were hoping to win both races but if it was split to break the tie I was going to run a foot race against Chris or George against Pudge(lol) We do not know what we are going to do yet. Good luck with your knee surgery.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:50 AM
Registered

Thanks ,I was hoping to get a new hull in o7 ,no way now, I was looking at the SUTPHEN 32 single, JOKER28, SUPERBOAT30 for hulls but thats a year from now since this knee thing isn't fixed yet, THE last time I raced my boat was 2002 cape race blow out a bolster fixed it then the nexted month broke both at walter collins poker run in fallriver ma. it's a 88 hull , thats why we are adding 2 new bulkheads and bracing on the sides to make sure it will last nexted season then strip it and put everything in a new hull.