Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West >

Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Notices

Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Old 12-21-2006, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

I just got a e-mail from SBI/APBA which I'm sure most of you got about how to qualifie for the Worlds in Key West, all you have to do is have raced in the 2006 Worlds in Key West or race 2 races in any other Organization for 2007....
Old 12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Better make your reservations Gino!

Julie
Old 12-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Registered

I hope...it will help me on the 2007 program.....
Old 12-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Sounds like Bubba is the new Santa Claus.

Best Christmas present I've seen in a long time.

Thanks SBI!
Old 12-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

“KEY WEST WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 2007”
KEY WEST, Fla. – December 21, 2006 – Incoming President, Larry Bleil of the Conch Republic Offshore Powerboat Racing Association (CROPBRA) announced today that they are starting to plan for the 2007 Key West World Championship race. Super Boat International Productions (SBIP) once again will sanction the SBIP/APBA-UIM Offshore Key West World Championship race.
Congratulation goes out to all the New 2006 Key West World Champions, BTM Marine; Panasonic Hard Rock Fountain; Lucas Oil King of Shaves; Pour It On; Extreme Vortec; Miccosukee Indiana Gaming; Team Extreme; Cintron; Predator; Sun Print Management; D & M Motorsports Lake Shore; and Crazy Chicken.
“The 2006 Key West World Championship was a tremendous success, providing a major economic impact to the community following a slower than normal year”, said Larry Bleil, CROPBRA President.
“All teams are welcome to race in the 2007 Key West World Championship. A team qualifies by having raced in the 2006 Key West World Championship or by racing in any two (2) races with other powerboat organizations during the 2007 season”, said John Carbonell, SBIP President.
The race week for the 2007 is November 4 – 11, with races on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (November 7th, 9th, and 11th). The racecourse would go into the Key West Harbor and the prime viewing area is at the race village, Truman Annex.
CROPBRA and SBIP would like to thank all racers and spectators for attending the 2006 event. Many fans enjoyed themselves in our party town and have made plans and reservations for 2007.
Larry Bleil, President welcomes all racers and fans to the 2007 race, for additional information please call Larry at 305-797-8705
Old 12-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Nice Job SBI

Mike
Old 12-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

At our last OPA phone meeting with most of the teams it was said it would be voted on by the teams of OPA where they wanted to race the worlds. Something was mentioned about what the costs would be to race with both bodys SBI and OSS. Im sure it will come out at the Feb. meeting and we can all vote then on where each team wants to race. The great thing about OPA is the teams have a voice and the majority rules. Let the offers begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MD
1 boat = 1 vote and my suggestion would be only let the teams that raced the worlds last year vote. They are the only teams that should be heard being they made the commitment in 06 to race the worlds and will most likely do it again.
MD
Old 12-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Registered

Gino ,

From all the calls and emails that I have been getting you will see a ton of new faces in KW this year. They realize that it is time to get back to racing...

I think The Super Bowl race will be a good gauge for what the further will bring.

Well said OffshoreJoJo ....2007 KW in November .
Its all but a done deal!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO
It looks like 2007 Key West in November

WOW. Thanks. Glad you figured that out for all of us or we'd have never known when Key West is going to be.

Geez, hope you didn't have to put too much research into that post, Einstein. (or should I say SLANDREW)

Or, are you just trying to get your post count back up? It's got to be hard trying to keep a post count when you're continually getting banned.

Averaging almost five posts a day with your fourth screen name in two months, none of any value that we've seen yet. But we're patient. Hang in there, you might be able to find something useful to add to these forums someday eventually.

Joking

Last edited by 9 Lives; 12-22-2006 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2006, 12:27 PM
Registered

No I was talking about racers, that is based on conversation i have had with them and at this time it seems to be the way they feel. U never know things may change...

Quick Reply: Will OPA be discussing if they will attend the Worlds in Key West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.