Notices

OPA/Key West

Old 03-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smitty....thank for clearing that up...

Fantastixvoyage....Thats what Smitty and OPA did last year for the Worlds...they got a Constuction Co. from Cleveland to put up some money for the Worlds to help out with the prize purse....

pending how our year gose in racing, we may also donate some money to assist the OPA teams in getting to Key West....
Its a long trip for a lot of the OPA guys to get to Key West...We don't want to see any of them miss it becasue of some money....
Old 03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
OSS DID NOT make the OPA boats join OSS as members or register there equipment at Destin for the 2007 season.
Ryan, the word "MAKE" is a hard word for The Boyz to accept. Nobody can make us do anything, WE CHOOSE to race or not race, We choose what sites we're gonna attened. Everyone of OUR TEAMS has a choice so here goes: OSS does not have a class for open boats so why would we pay to register our boats. Remember Saint Claire, MI. 2006, you do know that was a Blue Water Event with an OPA Race "NOT" an OSS Event. OSS were our guests, we held the Insurance with OSS as Additionally Insured. No one got on the computer and said "OPA didn't/did "MAKE" the OSS boats" pay our fees! Charging OSS Race Teams never entered our minds (Smitty & I), we just went up to race and have fun, which we all did, with everybody. The ONLY OSS Boats that were charged were the ones that raced The OPA Race for the purse. Ryan, the words you choose to use on this open forum as a Board of Director of OSS reflects OSS just as whatever Smitty and I say reflects OPA. Our Teams put their trust in Smitty and I to make the right decisions for them and OPA as a whole and we do with their best interest first.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Gino, Stan Ware of Popeye's, Tom Abrams of Reliable Carriers and John Haggin of AMF Offshore Racing were also responsible for getting OPA to Destin. Dave and the Medics, divers, ect for keeping us SAFE. Thank You All
Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
Augie....Vice president huh? im glad to see you got re elected. Congrats.

what you are saying doesnt really answer Vinny's question.

if you are speaking on behalf of OPA, maybe you can explain how it will work with the two associations. And what the registration requirements will be.
Funny, back in November 2006 when $hit was flying Smitty called me and said "YOUR THE FUC$ING VP" of OPA till We (Him and I) give it up. OK, how? Smitty said, he owns OPA. He bought it from Kurt Berger and said he can put whomever he chooses on the board except for VP, that's reserved for me till the day I croak. I guess this is one of the few choices I don't have in my life So yes I am The Fuc$ing VP of OPA.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RumRunner
As an outsider it looks like these are 100% completely different scenarios.

In 2006 OPA held their own World Championship races at the same time as the OSS World Championships. They were/are different classes between them and to my knowledge to date non of the "Champions" have been touted as OPA/OSS or OSS/OPA World Champions. They are either an OSS World Champion or OPA World Champion. It would seem as this was just smart cross promotion for the two organizations to get more boats, and put on a better overall show.

Now OPA is working out with SBI where they will have a unified World Champion for the P Class boats. Since both groups are going to have to make some concessions to work together on this it would make sense that there will have to be some fees paid. Now even if there weren't any fees (Which I think there rightfully should be some) OPA doesn't run SVL so why would you think that should entitle you to run in SVL without having to pay? Unless I've (as well as everyone else) read this wrong and you're wanting to run in P class so you don't have to run SVL?

With all of the good will with the OSS SVL guys making an effort to come race at least one race against SM, and him doing the same (or at least that sounds like everyone intention) why start a pissing match over something that is so possitive?
Doug, very cool. You Da Man!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by vinny kostelac
Augie sorry to see you have given up your tattoos for a political career. Your a much better racer! Bruce I think from reading out on the limb that you are invited to join sbi, it has nothing to do with opa other than your invited to join.
Vinny, just got a new one with Lisa's Face on my arm. I'm not giving them up just yet! As for the Political part, just trying to get our OPA Teams The Best we can possibly get them for as little as we can and have them raise hell doing it. Ya gotta know my guy's, there ain't too much they wouldn't do for me and Smitty or to have fun.

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 03-14-2007 at 04:05 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Augie....your absulutly right...thanks to Tom, Stan, John and all the others who helped out OPA in 2006.....
Old 03-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
So yes I am The Fuc$ing VP of OPA.

and what a great Fuc$ing VP you are

See ya in Michigan