Sponsors Needed for Our Race Team for OPA 2008 Season: >

Sponsors Needed for Our Race Team for OPA 2008 Season:

Notices

Sponsors Needed for Our Race Team for OPA 2008 Season:

Old 05-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sponsors Needed for Our Race Team for OPA 2008 Season:

We are currently looking for sponsors for our race team to go racing OPA in 2008. We have a complete race team and equipment in place. Just need some funding to go race!!!

Here is a little history on the our race boatand team:

Our race boat is a 1995 Hydra Powerboats "Spirit" 30' Race Boat. Charlie Benton was the original owner and he was the engine builder for NASCAR’s Alan Kulwicki’s Hooters race team. Charlie had Jack Domick, owner of Hydra Powerboats Inc. out of Toms River, NJ, to put together the hull. Hydra provided superior craftsmanship and materials along with special designs and manufacturing for offshore race boats. Jack Domick had contracted Tim Sharkey to work on the lay-up; Tim was a subcontractor to Hydra. Lay-up was super light and done right!!! Amazing craftsmanship! Roger Munn owned the mold and he called the design “Spirit”. Roger was also Charlie Benton’s throttleman when he raced in 1995 in A-Class as A-60. Boat ran under the name “Tina Maria”, I believe at first and then later as “Team Mean Green”. Once the fiberglass work was done, the boat went to Kurt’s Marine out of Brick, NJ. Kurt’s Marine did some of the major rigging and cut X dimension, the x dimension is extremely high! I believe after that, the boat then went to “Fountain” Powerboats in Washington, NC. There, Jerry Haney did some more rigging and the wiring. Then the boat went back to Charlie’s in Concord, NC where he built the motor and the rest of the rigging was complete. The motor then was a 468/850HP dry sump A-Class motor. The boat then went to Mercury Racing’s Lake X for testing and dialing in. I bought the boat from Charlie Benton in 2002. Soon after that my wife and I had our first baby, so I gave up racing for a bit. I never raced this boat; I bought it to replace my 24 Baja Outlaw that I used to race as P5-69 under the name Team Baja/Full Throttle. Now my daughter is 3 & my boy is 2. We are done having kids and its time to get back into offshore boat racing! So I am getting the boat together now for the 2008 season. I have a very small budget, so it will take some time and help. Plan to run in OPA Series as P-Class boat in 2008. Boat has a very light lay-up, around 4900lbs, might be more lbs after new cockpit configuration and other improvements. Motor is at Wally’s Precision Machine Racing Engines out of Chester, VA. New motor is to run on pump gas, 91 octane. The block is a GM Bow Tie 4-bolt main tall deck-100 over 454 (475CI), will be a fixed/mechanical roller cam, the heads are Reher-Morrison Brodix aluminum CNC ported heads and some additional port work done to the exhaust with a little clean up work done to intake, using Crane Gold racing full roller rockers, oiling system is a Weaver dry sump system with Weaver pump and tank & Mercury Racing SC1000 oil pan, the crank is a LA Enterprise Kryptonite stock 454 length, the rods are Carrillo Rods little longer then stock length (but not stroked) SRP Pistons flat tops at 8 to 1 comp, The Blower Shops 871 with Teflon in the rotors, intake is port matched with Keith Eickert Performance Products intercooler with Cupro-nickel core, 2 Nickerson Performance Marine 980 cfm Blower Carbs, Fluidampr Harmonic Race Balancer, Jesel belt drive system, Keith Eickert Dual Stage Extreme Raw Water Pump and water crossover setup with 2 Keith Eickert sea strainers, offshore water pickup & out drive pickup, MSD 7ML-2, MSD Pro Power Coil & MSD Marine racing distributor, Presolite alt and Tilton starter, CMI Comp SS big tube headers with 4" w/ dry pipes, complete Imco Xtreme Advantage SC1000 drive w/ 1 1/4 “ prop shaft & Mercury Racing HD gimble housing, we will have a Throttle-Up CNC 5 or 6 blade prop recommended by Matt & Julie. We are working with them now, just need the dyno sheet once the motor is done and the boats new weight to give them. Chris Dann, formerly of “Fountain” Powerboats in Washington, NC, who is now working out of Tappahannock, VA along with Thomas Carneal of Tappahannock, VA are doing the rigging of the new motor and the cockpit reconfiguration using PPI high back race seats. Chris Dann will be the crew chief for Aqua-Holic Racing. Johnny Harrison and Thomas Carneal will flip a quarter to see who will be the wheelman and who will be the throttleman.

We are currently looking for sponsors for our race team to go racing OPA in 2008.

Last edited by johnnyoffshore; 05-29-2007 at 08:19 PM.