Directions To Patchogue,n.y. Race

Notices

Directions To Patchogue,n.y. Race

Old 08-04-2007, 07:36 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Directions To Patchogue,n.y. Race

Hey Guys, The key thing to remember is NO PARKWAYS! I know it looks tempting, but there are low bridges and State Troopers with little or no sense of humor. For traffic reasons and load sizes, we find that Route 95 to the George Washington Bridge Go over it, stay on 95 which is called the Cross Bronx Expressway at that point, till you see the Throgs Neck Bridge which you will go over to route 295 south which is the Clear View Expressway, do not get on the Cross Island "Parkway", take 295 south to route 495 east which is the Long Island Expressway to exit 63 if your staying at the Radisson, they also have a map on there web site. There are other ways like the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway but I reccomend saving your bravery for the race course! lol. I personally try and hit this area at nite between 2:00 am and6:00 am. Have a safe trip and if you have any questions just post em. We are also trying to put the directions on the OPA/Jersey Boyz site, I just can't seem to get a mapquest or google that will show the commercial route, if anyone knows how to do that it would be greatly appreciated, Thank You, Louie

PS. I spoke to the Godfather yesterday and the Jersey Boyz are allowing safe passage, just don't let us find any cases of booze or cigarettes in your rigs, otherwise we have to talk.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Do you mean no trailers on the Parkway?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No commercial vehicles are permitted on Parkways in NY. Along with other haulers, trailers & Duallys are also not permitted.

Louie,
I'll put it together 2nite.

Last edited by Lucididee; 08-04-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Racer
Racer

27 or Sunrise is loaded with lights and you have to go through some pretty tough spots in Brooklyn to get to it, especially with a trailer. Hey Ron, the parkways are fine for passenger cars, but like Dee says no commercial plates. Hey Dee, hope Bracco's was good today, I will give you a ring tomorrow, as usual thanks for your help, Louie
Old 08-04-2007, 10:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by louietherigger
27 or Sunrise is loaded with lights and you have to go through some pretty tough spots in Brooklyn to get to it, especially with a trailer. Hey Ron, the parkways are fine for passenger cars, but like Dee says no commercial plates. Hey Dee, hope Bracco's was good today, I will give you a ring tomorrow, as usual thanks for your help, Louie
It was an awesome run out. It was us, 2 OLs and a Velocity on the way over. And on the way back Lucy & Mark ran with us for a bit in the Apache. Will make better planning next time we run across.

Beside being a pain-in-the-neck at times, I'm always there if ya need it. But you already know how to deal with me.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by louietherigger
Hey Ron, the parkways are fine for passenger cars, but like Dee says no commercial plates. Louie
That's what I thought, I just wanted you to make it clear why you were telling people not to use the Belt Parkway.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Ron P
That's what I thought, I just wanted you to make it clear why you were telling people not to use the Belt Parkway.
Thanks Ron, I've been going a little nuts as the date draws nearer, I'm at the stage of calling everyone by the wrong name lol. Louie
Old 08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Louie, would you be able to send me or Dee directions by water to the marina via. FI Inlet? I don't think Dee's coming up with me on the boat so I kinda need to know how to get there!

JC is convincing me to come up on Friday instead of Saturday AM.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered

Default Where to stay for L I race

As a spectator making the trip, any suggestions on a hotel for saturday night? Any that are "OSO" friendly--discount?

Thanks,
"TEAM OCTANE" race fan
Old 08-07-2007, 09:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PIGPEN160
As a spectator making the trip, any suggestions on a hotel for saturday night? Any that are "OSO" friendly--discount?

Thanks,
"TEAM OCTANE" race fan
http://www.radisson.com/bobopa you have to reserve by Aug 10th to get that price

Also visit the websit for the race:

www.GreatSouthBayRacing.com

Quick Reply: Directions To Patchogue,n.y. Race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.