Opa Is On To Something Big.... >

Opa Is On To Something Big....

Notices

Opa Is On To Something Big....

Old 09-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opa Is On To Something Big....

Well it was our 4th race this year with OPA...and is it any suprise to see another great turn out with over 34 boats....bringing there avg. boat count to over 38 boats this year and the highest of any Org in a long time.......and this from a bunch of guys from N.J. who wanted to start a club to race.....
I've been in some great races in F1 over the years...but this weekend was unreal.....you can say what you want about spec racing.....but us, Wanted, Wazzup, JC, Crime pays, Hot Licks have all been in the lead at some point in racing this year...not to mention all the deck to deck racing with Wanted, JC and Wazzup in the last 2 races....even though we have differant boat Manf. differant HP, differant boat sizes, differant years manf....and still after 54 miles of racing within boat lenghts in 3 to 4 footers and to have Wanted still blessing us with the N.J holly water coming out of the turn 3 on the last lap......and then some more blessing going into turn 4 and then just to make sure that we did not leave N.J without being blessed once again coming out of turn 4 was priceless....as soon as we cross the finish line...Jim looks over and said.....NOW THAT WAS CRAZY.....What a race.....and I think Jim, me and my boat are Blessed for the rest of eternity.....

With the biggest boat counts being in class 5 and 6...it shows its the little guys that play a hudge part in Offshore racing and we should never forget these guys and do everything to keep these guys out there.....a lot of these guys are the ones that are scrapping parts together and would not buy food just to pay for parts to make a race.....but every race there out here....a lot of us started out in 26 to 29 foot boats and moved up...but class 5 and 6 are the grass roots of Offshore and OPA and company know this.....

So thanks again to OPA, John H. and all the rest that have put together another great event....

Can't wait for Cambridge.....time to go buy some more rain-x....

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-10-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:36 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen Gino!!!!!!!!!! That Was An Awesome Finish With You And Wanted At The End. You Made My First Time Announcing Great With That Action Along With Everyone Else That Was Racing There Tails Off Yesterday.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Glad you enjoyed the Point Pleasant Hospitality.

Gino, it was good seeing you again, and yes, that was a great battle!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Im a Jersey native and as a kid along with Scotty B rode my bike to Point back in the day to see the Benihanna...i was on a 41' Apache Pace boat yesterday and saw it all upclose n personal...Gino you and Wanted sliced and diced all day with Wazzup in the mix in the beginning...Congrats to all that made this race possible as well as Tweet (owner of the Apache i was on) and Ron P, John Haggin and everyone else for allowing me to get involved !!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

you couldnt have bought a better day for racing between the people, fans, racers etc...was a perfect 10 !!
Old 09-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
Gino you and Wanted sliced and diced all day with Wazzup in the mix in the beginning...
No Doubt! There was one set of turns where Wanted was in 1st place, In Command was in 2nd place and Wazzup was in 3rd place going into the turns on the north end of the course. Coming out of that second turn, heading south again, Wazzup took the lead (back from 3rd), Wanted was in Second and In Command was 3rd....

Lots of jockeying for position in the first part of the race, that was some good racing!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Gino...........I have to say that the final turn on the last lap was absolutely amazing to watch!!!!!!!!! All I was thinking was how the hell did they recover from that!!! It was INSANE. You and wanted had the best battle of the entire day.....it was fun to watch. Thank You teams Wanted and Your in Command.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Well it was our 4th race this year with OPA...and is it any suprise to see another great turn out with over 34 boats....bringing there avg. boat count to over 38 boats this year and the highest of any Org in a long time.......and this from a bunch of guys from N.J. who wanted to start a club to race.....
I've been in some great races in F1 over the years...but this weekend was unreal.....you can say what you want about spec racing.....but us, Wanted, Wazzup, JC, Crime pays, Hot Licks have all been in the lead at some point in racing this year...not to mention all the deck to deck racing with Wanted, JC and Wazzup in the last 2 races....even though we have differant boat Manf. differant HP, differant boat sizes, differant years manf....and still after 54 miles of racing within boat lenghts in 3 to 4 footers and to have Wanted still blessing us with the N.J holly water coming out of the turn 3 on the last lap......and then some more blessing going into turn 4 and then just to make sure that we did not leave N.J without being blessed once again coming out of turn 4 was priceless....as soon as we cross the finish line...Jim looks over and said.....NOW THAT WAS CRAZY.....What a race.....and I think Jim, me and my boat are Blessed for the rest of eternity.....

With the biggest boat counts being in class 5 and 6...it shows its the little guys that play a hudge part in Offshore racing and we should never forget these guys and do everything to keep these guys out there.....a lot of these guys are the ones that are scrapping parts together and would not buy food just to pay for parts to make a race.....but every race there out here....a lot of us started out in 26 to 29 foot boats and moved up...but class 5 and 6 are the grass roots of Offshore and OPA and company know this.....

So thanks again to OPA, John H. and all the rest that have put together another great event....

Can't wait for Cambridge.....time to go buy some more rain-x....
Shake and Bake Ricky Bobby
Old 09-10-2007, 08:16 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Shake and Bake Ricky Bobby

Old 09-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino, it is the participation of great people like you that have helped the OPA become what it is today. Really looking forward to seeing everyone in Cambridge.

Quick Reply: Opa Is On To Something Big....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.