Please Read...and Lets Put This Together >

Please Read...and Lets Put This Together

Notices

Please Read...and Lets Put This Together

Old 09-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Read...and Lets Put This Together

If you plan on attending the next OPA race in Cambridge MD, please read this email from Mark Willis of the www.cbpba.com.

Dear Offshore Powerboaters,

Earlier this year we lost John Wilmoth to Esophageal Cancer and we are dedicated this weekend to his memory. John raced offshore for a number of years and served as our club's race director. He was a good friend to many of us and he'll be missed by many more.

We are using this year's golf outing to raise money for the “Esophageal Cancer Education Foundation” to help educate and save others from this cancer.

We need your support in order to make this an overwhelming success in the memory of John Wilmoth. From the inception of the CBPBA John was always there doing his part to make sure that everything went well. Whether in the forefront or in the background he had the CBPBA’s back.

We are accepting donations as well as looking for sponsors for this event. A race team playing is our best hope if not a Race Team Sponsoring a hole is also great. The rates are listed in the attachments.

SO HERE IS THE CHALLANGE......

I WILL PLAY A ROUND A GOLF WITH ONLY A 8 IRON AND A PUTTER...
WE CAN PLAY MATCH PLAY OR STROKES....
IF ANY OF THE OTHER 3 IN OUR GROUP BEATS ME, I WILL DONATE EITHER $500 TO $1000 TO THE CHARITY...IF I WIN...THE OTHER GUYS DONATE THE SAME AMOUNT AND I STILL DONATE $250...
THE CALLANGE IS GOING OUT TO RACERS...IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE SOME RACERS PLAY FOR A GREAT CHARITY AND THE CBPBA...

ANY TAKERS...
Old 09-19-2007, 11:49 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Manitie,

You're an expert golfer, arent you?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Registered

No...just a bum....

But I will even play with my old Wilson putter that is 10 years old...and I have a old set of Lynx clubs that are 8 years old...I will use that 8 Iron....it will be like using a 9 iron or pitching wedge....

I was going to challange Smitty and Sticks since they have not beat us yet on the corse...but since my boat is sill at there shop...I better keep that one to myself...
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Ah, no wonder.......

Smitty and Sticks...are you up to it or what?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Registered

Am I reading this right......

.....it just took a round of Golf for any $hit talking to start???!!! Dang this group is getting old!

I hope someone takes you up on the offer, goes to a great cause.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
If you plan on attending the next OPA race in Cambridge MD, please read this email from Mark Willis of the www.cbpba.com.

Dear Offshore Powerboaters,

Earlier this year we lost John Wilmoth to Esophageal Cancer and we are dedicated this weekend to his memory. John raced offshore for a number of years and served as our club's race director. He was a good friend to many of us and he'll be missed by many more.

We are using this year's golf outing to raise money for the “Esophageal Cancer Education Foundation” to help educate and save others from this cancer.

We need your support in order to make this an overwhelming success in the memory of John Wilmoth. From the inception of the CBPBA John was always there doing his part to make sure that everything went well. Whether in the forefront or in the background he had the CBPBA’s back.

We are accepting donations as well as looking for sponsors for this event. A race team playing is our best hope if not a Race Team Sponsoring a hole is also great. The rates are listed in the attachments.

SO HERE IS THE CHALLANGE......

I WILL PLAY A ROUND A GOLF WITH ONLY A 8 IRON AND A PUTTER...
WE CAN PLAY MATCH PLAY OR STROKES....
IF ANY OF THE OTHER 3 IN OUR GROUP BEATS ME, I WILL DONATE EITHER $500 TO $1000 TO THE CHARITY...IF I WIN...THE OTHER GUYS DONATE THE SAME AMOUNT AND I STILL DONATE $250...
THE CALLANGE IS GOING OUT TO RACERS...IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE SOME RACERS PLAY FOR A GREAT CHARITY AND THE CBPBA...

ANY TAKERS...
YOU GOT IT DUDE !! BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK when and where ??
Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
YOU GOT IT DUDE !! BRING YOUR CHECKBOOK when and where ??
http://www.cbpba.com/forums/showthre...?threadid=4077

All the information on the golf tourney is right there. There is a great write up done in the program on John and all he did for offshore and the CBPBA.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
http://www.cbpba.com/forums/showthre...?threadid=4077

All the information on the golf tourney is right there. There is a great write up done in the program on John and all he did for offshore and the CBPBA.
Ted I can't type well enough to do the paperwork online if you could call the right person and get me in I'll owe ya one.

Thanks, Jimmy
Old 09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jimmy, call Mark at 410 268-7825
Give him your names that are gonna play and he can probably get a check from you in Cambridge, are you guys down before 1:00 on Friday??
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by MANITIE
No...just a bum....

But I will even play with my old Wilson putter that is 10 years old...and I have a old set of Lynx clubs that are 8 years old...I will use that 8 Iron....it will be like using a 9 iron or pitching wedge....

I was going to challange Smitty and Sticks since they have not beat us yet on the corse...but since my boat is sill at there shop...I better keep that one to myself...
Gino I learned a valuable lesson while golfing one day....Dont drink and drive, you mlght hit your foot. Which would really hurt if it was in your mouth, Right after we spanked you at the 18th tee. Smitty

Quick Reply: Please Read...and Lets Put This Together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.