Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
How come Sharks not posting any Pictures from TN? >

How come Sharks not posting any Pictures from TN?

Notices

How come Sharks not posting any Pictures from TN?

Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How come Sharks not posting any Pictures from TN?

Is he alright?
Old 10-17-2007, 09:12 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

!!!!

You'll need to look for 2-3 week old threads on Speedwake for your answers. Apparently the subject wasn't "taboo" over there.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:05 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Is he alright?
Thanks for asking Rick.

Please remember Tn was a 3 day event and on Sat & Sunday they ran 2 different styles of racing with perhaps 9 races of the small boats, 3 races of the offshore boats, speed trials on Friday, Lap speeds on Sat and 3 passes of Ken Warby's rocket.
And among all that I did a helicopter photo shoot which will be a big surprise for all come February.

I used up all 11 gig of memory that I had by the end of Saturday. Saturday night I was in search of a camera store for another 8 gig. Burned that up too for the finals on Sunday.

This has got to be one of the largest projects I have ever taken on all at one time and I am working vigorously to pull out the best shots.

All in good time I will get them online. I prefer to proof my photos before uploading....

I do have magazines interested as well so I want to make sure I don't ruin anyone's thunder.

The photo shoot will definately be kept confidential. Providing my shots are used, 6 magazines will be running them.
I will not be posting anything of that online so as to not jeopardize the opportunity.

Look at what you can for now and I will let you know when my images are online.

Thanks again,

Sharkey

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-17-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Good job Tim!

Must have been expensive to get a heli for the photo shoot. You gonna start renting heli's for photo's in the future?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Pop
Over 25 Years of Service
Gold Member

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Thanks for asking Rick.

Please remember Tn was a 3 day event and on Sat & Sunday they ran 2 different styles of racing with perhaps 9 races of the small boats, 3 races of the offshore boats, speed trials on Friday, Lap speeds on Sat and 3 passes of Ken Warby's rocket.
And among all that I did a helicopter photo shoot which will be a big surprise for all come February.

I used up all 11 gig of memory that I had by the end of Saturday. Saturday night I was in search of a camera store for another 8 gig. Burned that up too for the finals on Sunday.

This has got to be the largest projects I have ever taken on all at one time and I am working vigorously to pull out the best shots.

All in good time I will get them online. I prefer to proof my photos before uploading....

I do have magazines interested as well so I want to make sure I don't ruin anyone's thunder.

The photo shoot will definately be kept confidential. Providing my shots are used, 6 magazines will be running them.
I will not be posting anything of that online so as to not jeopardize the opportunity.

Look at what you can for now and I will let you know when my images are online.

Thanks again,

Sharkey
Tim, thanks for coming down to Chattanooga. I appreciate what you did. I tried to warn everyone that when you come down here your going to be on the water a lot.

Thanks again.

Pop
Old 10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Registered

Hey tim
screw gettin the helicopters next season Eddie and I will duct tape ya to the bow of the boat for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott
TEAM OCTANE 411
Old 10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Panther
Good job Tim!

Must have been expensive to get a heli for the photo shoot. You gonna start renting heli's for photo's in the future?
For this particular assignment the helicopter was supplied and needed.
For the racing, one of the magazines really wanted me to get a chopper but I explained how calm it was and that it wouldn't be necessary to have the chopper. With what little air the boats did get, you would have never seen it from above.
If I had a chopper, I probably would have missed out on what I have of the Garveys and the Skiffs. I did miss one good shot due to being at the photo shoot, but you can't be in all places all of the time.

Future photos? I do have a local pilot that I have used for the AC run and was very satisfied with him and his chopper. He is only a phone call away. But that has to be planned so that the expense can be covered. There isn't much to make on the photos especially to justify laying out of pocket for a helicopter ahead of time.

I really do it for the love of the sport and will work on bringing something home eventually... Right now I just need to try to cover the investment I just made on new equipment...

Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Pop
Tim, thanks for coming down to Chattanooga. I appreciate what you did. I tried to warn everyone that when you come down here your going to be on the water a lot.

Thanks again.

Pop
Pop,

I certainly didn't know what I was in for when I was going there!

Fortunately you ran that event smooth as silk and got all of those events off on time. Ok so one was late a few minutes for a pee break! LOL

I was really thrilled with how everything worked out. You have an awesome site there. Champ Boats next year ? Damn that is going to be huge!

Another big thank you goes out to Mr Miller and for having his brand new Sea Ray for my photo platform was simply awesome.

I am so glad I was able to venture into new territory in your neck of the woods.

THANK YOU !!!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sd11856g
Hey tim
screw gettin the helicopters next season Eddie and I will duct tape ya to the bow of the boat for free!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott
TEAM OCTANE 411
That would really be a challenge in getting shots of your boat flying through the air if I have to shoot from there!

I appreciate you guys coming down there ! Your boat was glowing on that water. You will see once the pics are done!

Team Octane, thank you so much for the support...

Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Here is 1 for now....

Quick Reply: How come Sharks not posting any Pictures from TN?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.