Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

St Clair,
Cambridge,
Chattanooga
Old 10-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Key West by far because you get rough water conditions on the outside and smoother on the inside and flat in the harbour.This of course is only when everyone is there together not just 25 or 30 boats because that on a 6 mile course can be like watching paint dry.Also great every night entertainment and lots of things for the wives and kids to do.

KEY WEST DON'T COUNT, we all know it's the s#@t.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like to know why you thinks it's the best to build the best site for all to enjoy.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,718 Likes on 3,789 Posts

Las Vegas/Lake Mead
LOTO
Milwaukee
Orange Beach
St clair
Biloxi
Sarasota
Destin
Ft Myers

Last edited by Pete B; 10-18-2007 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Patchogue "Battle on the Bay" lol , actually my favorite site is St Clair, Its a real fast course with a 7 mph current, viewing is right there, the street fair is right there, the wet pits and crane are right there. Its a natural. But honestly every site offers a different flavor as far as race conditions, and location, I haven't been to a site I didn't think was great! Water, Fast Boats, crazy people, good food, like the Godfather say's "It Don't Get No Better Then This" Louie
Old 10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I don't understand why 6 of the 8 votes in so far are for River and Lake Races, Unlimited Hydro could race any of the venues and kick our asses. a Bass boat could have beat the Class 5 and 6 boats most of the season. Im not saying theirs anything wrong with these sites but as a favorite. maybe its just me.

Last edited by fastedy; 10-18-2007 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Racer
Racer

And a funny car can destroy a nascar in the 1/4 mile, Big foot can drive over cars and buses and a dragster can't. The reason I see the lake and river races becoming more popular is the ability to raise money through a large spectator base and the fact that running at 105 thru constant beam slop is just as adreneline producing as bouncing off waves at 70. Guys have mentioned races where we head straight out to sea for 30 miles and hook a right for 30 miles and so on. Question I have is who is going to sponsor this? No fans, no sponsors. The big Ocean sites seem to have a lot of people there without us, making it tough to raise money from advertisers. That is kinda how I see it, not saying I don't love going to OC or the Pt. Louie
Old 10-18-2007, 10:24 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,718 Likes on 3,789 Posts

The reason I see the lake and river races becoming more popular is the ability to raise money through a large spectator base and the fact that running at 105 thru constant beam slop is just as adreneline producing as bouncing off waves at 70.
Two key words Money and Spectator base! whether you like it or not, those seem to be the keys to racing in the future!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

my uncle raced OFFSHORE in the 70's and 80's...there were no lake or flat water races...if ya had 2-4's in Point they were disappointed cause it was to calm
Old 10-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

granted im sure as an equipment owner you hope for calm water to save and protect yourselves and equipment...but isnt Offshore Racing supposed to be just that ? I enjoyed watching a drag race in Cambridge or Camden just as much as the next guy...but like fastedy said "I don't understand why 6 of the 8 votes in so far are for River and Lake Races, Unlimited Hydro could race any of the venues and kick our asses. a Bass boat could have beat the Class 5 and 6 boats most of the season. Im not saying theirs anything wrong with these sites but as a favorite. maybe its just me."

Quick Reply: The best race site you have been

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.