P4 / P5 Rocket on Ebay - 2 Days Left!

Notices

P4 / P5 Rocket on Ebay - 2 Days Left!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by abuffom1
berns29,

I agree with you that the 29 is an easier boat to drive/throttle. I've been in both as well. When we first got this 25, we were rookies and it took us a few races to figure out how to set-up the boat, of of course drive/throttle it. We struggled early-on for sure.

After we got it figured out, we won almost every race in the Great Lakes for three years against some pretty stiff competition. We also won the Pro F1 race in Cleveland, again against a big field.

Right now my dad runs it two times / year in Poker runs by himself and out runs most of the field.

The problem with the 29 is that it simply isn't as fast as this boat, and if you are talking about P-racing where it's all about acceleration and handling, the 25 is also better due to the wieght.

Yes, you are not going to run 80 in 6 footers with this boat unless you are way better than me - which is entirely possible, but in anything 4ft or less you'll be very competitive.

The bottom line is, this thing has been sitting in our race shop for the past few years, only run once or twice a year in fresh water. We are putting together our auto racing program for next year and need to move this out. That's why we priced it so competitively.

We got a few emails from the auction, interested to know if the boat came with all the spares (lifting straps, jackets, helmets, etc.) - and the anser is yes. No bids however; so if someone is interested they can contact me directly at:

[email protected]
443-801-6876
thanks for the reply and congrats on your success with the boat and Good Luck on the sale...if i hear of anyone i will certainly pass the info along
Old 11-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can agree with Tony. This is an awesome P5-P6 boat. I helped Angelo and Tony with the boat for 2004-2005 Seasons. Also throttled for Tony. This boat is super clean and ready to go. Not many P5-P6 boats out there will run with this thing with the right crew.

Andy Bloom
Old 12-02-2007, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Greed and brokers

Trick Rick , You offered 39 k and got turned down buy a broker, I wonder if he evered asked Angelo if he might consider 39 as opposed to the Sub 30 he,s likely to wind up with? classic example of Greed.It would have been great if you would have been racing with O.P.A. in that boat the past few seasons.Carbone, Crocket, Smith Bros., And the rest of us entry level boats could have had some fun trading paint with you. P.S. I just came in from my shop where I located a gal. of red and white striped paint. Grumpy G. of Crocket Rocket fame.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by georgeeisenhart
Trick Rick , You offered 39 k and got turned down buy a broker, I wonder if he evered asked Angelo if he might consider 39 as opposed to the Sub 30 he,s likely to wind up with? classic example of Greed.It would have been great if you would have been racing with O.P.A. in that boat the past few seasons.Carbone, Crocket, Smith Bros., And the rest of us entry level boats could have had some fun trading paint with you. P.S. I just came in from my shop where I located a gal. of red and white striped paint. Grumpy G. of Crocket Rocket fame.
Yes, They had it listed on e-bay for 44k I think than it came up listed with a broker for 49k, I think, this was after all a year ago or so. I asked if the owner would consider 39K and he flat out said NO! I wont even insult him with that. So I bought the Cat..
Old 12-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Registered

I wish I would have actually heard about that offer...Oh well, too late now.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by abuffom1
I wish I would have actually heard about that offer...Oh well, too late now.

Nice... ~Dammmm broker..