Notices

What gives

Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This one posted below is a 26ft 225hp's

Another 26ft 225hp Boat, Check out the bottom.

This is one of the 22-24ft 150hp's

For a class like this to take off you would need a few things. First get a billionaire to work with a manufacture to build 6 or so boats. Have those boats towed to and raced at each OPA Event as an "exhibition" the first year, just ask some teams to go out and “race them” to put on a show for the fans. Have the boats very acceasble in the pits with brochures and prices to the fans and potential buyers, let them know the real cost and how they can be towed behind the family sedan to each race. Than start selling off the first boats at a discounted price to gain more interest. Once people see it's a class her to stay they will feel "safe" investing in a "toy" they can race with on the weekends with little cost.

But that’s in a perfect world, so it would never happen.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePzKpqMuORw&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePzKpqMuORw&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
The bat boat is probably the most popular out board race boat in Europe. GlassDave has the molds.
Can a new one with engine be built for under 45K ?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll start today laying up 26's for 20 grand each if I get 5 orders. No BS price , 7 ft beam , ballast tank , fuel tank and rub rail. Who's 1st? Matter of fact I have one ready to go now! Matter of fact I'll take my slim profits and put it back into the SOB Racing Series. Now who wants the shirt off my back too?
Attached Images    
Old 11-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
We'll start today laying up 26's for 20 grand each if I get 5 orders. No BS price , 7 ft beam , ballast tank , fuel tank and rub rail. Who's 1st? Matter of fact I have one ready to go now! Matter of fact I'll take my slim profits and put it back into the SOB Racing Series. Now who wants the shirt off my back too?
In that lay’s the problem.

So who you be the official “spec” builder? ~ You?
What would be spec weight and dimensions?
Ballast tank? I don’t believe the one in Europe have a Tank.

Who ever wanted to “start” the class should work with someone (some one with big $$) and just build 5 or so boats and start racing them, show people this is for real and not just another pipe dream.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm not the one with the big $$$$ as you keep saying. I am however willing to step up and make this work. All boats would weigh the same and be identical. This is for real and not a pipe dream as you say. Ballast tanks will keep the boats from flying sideways like in the above picture.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Well I'm not the one with the big $$$$ as you keep saying. I am however willing to step up and make this work. All boats would weigh the same and be identical. This is for real and not a pipe dream as you say. Ballast tanks will keep the boats from flying sideways like in the above picture.
Well I'm pretty Poor so I'm no help..

I would think you would want to "duplicate" the boats raced in Europe. They already have a good thing going and if we could jump on maybe in the future you could get teams from Europe to race the Worlds in the Keys and if we all have the same equipment it would be that much easier.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I like Brians boat much better, the European boats do have a ballast tank but are only 6'beam thats why they fly out all the time. First of all you have to get an engine package together some one that will support the class and see the value in racing as GM did with the Vortech Program. The boats above are 70 to 80K any boat with no rub rail has a lot of labor built in to it.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

whats a ball park $ on a 225hp 4 stroke? Brian what kind of speed would you think your 26 would do with a 225? Has that bottom ever run with a outboard?

Who has the best v-bottom 24-27' hull on the market now?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I Would Be Interested. I Think It Would Be A Great Starter Class. 40k For A Race Ready Boat?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, We Would Be Puzzies If We Call A Race For High Seas Now Wouldnt We?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.