Notices

What gives

Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had breakfast with Steve Curtis when we were in KW. The boats are all identicle, stock power, with no mods other than a little prop work.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Racer
Racer

I spoke with Sparky at Vicious Marine this morning and he crunched some numbers. He can build a 24/25 V Hull (Sunsation / Panther / Corsa ..All the same..) For just under 15K ready to be rigged. Or a full boat (depending on the motor) for just under 40K.

This is what offshore racing needs a true “entry-level class” and not entry level as in skill; entry level as in affordable. Think about it, most boats spend more on the SUV’s they are driving. A race boat with a practically indestructible motor, Low fuel burning cost, tows behind a large car, cheap to insure (if needed) fits in the drive way and you can run it tubing on the weekend.. If you build a class like the UIM 4-Stroke Honda Class in the U.S. can you imagine what it would be like?

U.I.M. Spec's for the 225hp Class
Length overall 26’09
Moulded beam 6’00”
Weight 2420 lbs
Hull type Twin stepped 24 degrees deep V
Water Ballast 15 gals
Fuel capacity 35 gals
Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

That video looks likes the old F1 days.....
Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by MANITIE
That video looks likes the old F1 days.....
Boy that did I get invovled with boat racing to late in life.

I found a few more pictures of the boats.
Attached Thumbnails What gives-euro-cockpit.jpg   What gives-euro-cockpit-2.jpg   What gives-euro-1.jpg  

Old 11-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Racer
Racer

The Hull kind'a looks like a Bat-Boat without the wings..
Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if this is going to become somthing, I can break out the 24' molds and Handlay completely cored ready to rigg hulls, for $15,000.00 set up for outboard or I/O's and $20,000.00 for a completely vacuum infused all composite hull that is state of the art light weight and strong !! ( NO AIR VOIDS )

Let me know !

Sparky
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I spoke with Sparky at Vicious Marine this morning and he crunched some numbers. He can build a 24/25 V Hull (Sunsation / Panther / Corsa ..All the same..) For just under 15K ready to be rigged. Or a full boat (depending on the motor) for just under 40K.

This is what offshore racing needs a true “entry-level class” and not entry level as in skill; entry level as in affordable. Think about it, most boats spend more on the SUV’s they are driving. A race boat with a practically indestructible motor, Low fuel burning cost, tows behind a large car, cheap to insure (if needed) fits in the drive way and you can run it tubing on the weekend.. If you build a class like the UIM 4-Stroke Honda Class in the U.S. can you imagine what it would be like?

U.I.M. Spec's for the 225hp Class
Length overall 26’09
Moulded beam 6’00”
Weight 2420 lbs
Hull type Twin stepped 24 degrees deep V
Water Ballast 15 gals
Fuel capacity 35 gals
That's a great deal. So you've done alot of posting and calling mfg's - ARE YOU GOING TO BUY ONE?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
That's a great deal. So you've done alot of posting and calling mfg's - ARE YOU GOING TO BUY ONE?
Sparky and I would build one, race it try and grow intrest in the class than sell it..

But before anything we would need spec's to start building to.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered

Vicious vs. Joker?! Hell ya the competition started and they haven't even hit the water yet!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered

If you did something like that...it would benifitt if you would use only one hull....and have set rigging set up...meaning a set x.dim. kind of like the Iroc Series all cars are set up the same and run at the same speeds.....the Manufature or you could rig it....but they would be all rigged the same...
and if your smart you all run the same size prop....one pitch no mondifacation....and have someone like Throttle up sell the propellers...and they could inspect it also....if you want to keep it inexpensive this is the way to go....becasue you know...just in props alone a team could spend over 10k testing and having 3 to 5 sets of props just for water conditions...which could take some teams right out of being compeditive by the first race....I hope we have learned over the years....teams with money can always find more speed...but if the boats all have the sme set up and prop...its up to the driver and throttleman to get her up front...

KEEP IT SIMPLE....If you want to get faster...run your boat...not who's got the must money to make it faster or who can get around the rules....and that should be the first tech rule:
NO MODIFICATIONS AT ALL....MEANING NOTHING....
No sanding the bottom...
No sanding lowers...
Have a so call template like NASCARA.....right down to the bildge pumps and fire extingushers in the same place...
There is nothing to a 26 foot boat with a outboard to inspected...

Last edited by MANITIE; 11-27-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.