Notices

What gives

Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let Vicious build em for 15 grand. I was going to put all profits back into the series. I was also going to start calling engine mfg's etc . I'll let Sparky and Trick Rick handle all that now and if they pull it off I'll buy a boat from Vicious for 15 grand.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Let Vicious build em for 15 grand. I was going to put all profits back into the series. I was also going to start calling engine mfg's etc . I'll let Sparky and Trick Rick handle all that now and if they pull it off I'll buy a boat from Vicious for 15 grand.
Than build them, make a spec and have any manufactures that wants to build and race a boat build one. Sell your for more and offer a cash contingency to teams running your boats.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by ViciousOne
Well if this is going to become somthing, I can break out the 24' molds and Handlay completely cored ready to rigg hulls, for $15,000.00 set up for outboard or I/O's and $20,000.00 for a completely vacuum infused all composite hull that is state of the art light weight and strong !! ( NO AIR VOIDS )

Let me know !

Sparky
I don't see any 24' on you site, any pics of the 28, the Corsa and the Joker are 26'
Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered

I have molds to build, 17' Cat,18' Mod-vp,31' Cat, 24'vee, 27'vee, 30'vee and 32'vee and as soon as time permits a 26'cat and also we have drawings for 36'/39' cat but right now I'm working on moving the manufacturing and tooling to South Carolina and leaving the repair part of the business in michigan.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Than build them, make a spec and have any manufactures that wants to build and race a boat build one. Sell your for more and offer a cash contingency to teams running your boats.
Most people think I'm on here trying to make money on boats but that is not true. I give break even prices so I can get my 38finished and keep my talented partner happy and fed. I can't get rid of this spec racing idea in my head because I've lived and breathed it for so long. I have a new 26 that is 90% complete that I would sell to develop a SOB Class. The more I think about it I'm too old to race a 24 ft boat. 26ft long and 7ft wide would be ideal. Ask Tyler what kind of work we do!
Old 11-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
I spoke with Sparky at Vicious Marine this morning and he crunched some numbers. He can build a 24/25 V Hull (Sunsation / Panther / Corsa ..All the same..) For just under 15K ready to be rigged. Or a full boat (depending on the motor) for just under 40K.
I honestly don't know how anyone can build a 24' boat for that with todays material prices. Dave
Old 11-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wardey
I honestly don't know how anyone can build a 24' boat for that with todays material prices. Dave

Sparkys words, not mine. He has been building boats for more years than I have known him so I would guess hes right.

Originally Posted by ViciousOne
Well if this is going to become somthing, I can break out the 24' molds and Handlay completely cored ready to rigg hulls, for $15,000.00 set up for outboard or I/O's and $20,000.00 for a completely vacuum infused all composite hull that is state of the art light weight and strong !! ( NO AIR VOIDS )

Let me know !

Sparky

I would be willing to put what little money I have into this. I was going to buy a Hauler of some type for next years race season to pull the cat but I'll put that money into a 24/25 or 26 SOB to race and try and get this class started if it's showing promise.

I just dont think a single 225hp would push a 26ft boat all that well. Sure we could up the motor size but that would up the price. The challange would be to get a race ready (65mph approx) boat for 40k or under.

I wonder if a 225hp would even push a 24ft boat. Those small little euro boats are light, narrow and pretty fast.. nice design but they look freaky to run.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wardey

Funny you mentioned that. This is from our supplier.

All major resin and gelcoat producers are announcing price increases > beginning December 15, 2007. Suppliers have indicated the announced > increases are necessary due to global demand for crude oil along with > escalating prices that have driven up the costs of many primary > feedstocks.
>
> The increase detail is different for each supplier in terms of products, > the amount of increase, and effective dates. A summary of this information > is attached.
>
> As a result of these announcements, Composites One will increase prices > according to the amounts and effective dates listed on the attached > document.
>
> Please call us if you have questions regarding this information.
>
> Thank you for your continued business.
>
> Sincerely,
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Kinda the same concept of the batboat one-design class. What did a Bat boat cost back in 2002.

If someone had the molds to the Euro boat or something close could they be built for the proposed 15-20k? I just think the design should be more modern to distinguish the class
Old 11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Aqua Banshee
Kinda the same concept of the batboat one-design class. What did a Bat boat cost back in 2002.
I had one old mag that did a "test" on one.. Base price was
83K I think and price as tested was 102 or 112k.. I think, not 100% sure but the numbers were up in that range.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.