2008 OPA in Preview

Notices

2008 OPA in Preview

Old 01-24-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 OPA in Preview

Where do I start.

Well the awards dinner is shaping up. Should be another all time low. Our High Point Champions
Crockett Rockett, Specialized, Simmons, Wanted, Strictly Business, On The Chip, Geico, and we have added to the gang the Super Cat Champion JD Byryder. Will all be crowned. Not to forget the STUGOTS CUP. Did I mention OPEN BAR ? Gonna be a blast.

Our Schedule is complete. We have the three Triple Crown Geico races, Ocean City, Patchogue, and Point Pleasant. All of these are repeat performances so what can I say about them that you don't already know. MORE MONEY. I know the teams love that part. Along with the standard purse Geico is adding 30K on top. This will amount to 60K a race. In order to qualify for the purse, a team must attend all three events. The points will be acumulated through the three, and the purse paid at the final event. Total purse of 180,000.00. Wanna Race? Geico is also spending an additional 70K on each event, to promote these events. This is the largest Sponsor the sport has seen in years. Want your sport to grow? Be at the races. Show Geico, we are commited, and the sky is the limit. Sunset Marina will again be our host, The Commander Hotel and The Atlantic Hotel are waiting for your calls. Thanks Will and Bill.

St Clair Michigan. By far the largest Offshore Event of the year. I have met with the Board, all is in order, and they are moving forward with even a bigger show than last year. If thats possible. More than likely we will have two days of racing. I will update you all on that as we get closer to the event.

Harrison Twp. brand new event for OPA. We are in the beginning stages but rest
assured this will be a huge event. Gino's Surf is your host. Cintron Energy Drink is the title Sponsor. Thanks Wes and Herb. I have been working very closely with Wes and Herb, and are already working on another new event for 2009. The Harrison Twp Race will take place on July 19-20. Yes I know it is the week before St Clair. The plan is to tow everything up to Michigan and leave it there for the two events. Evil Ed will store everything at his marina. We will staff the marina with Merc tech machanics at no charge to the teams, in case repairs need to be made between events. Flights in and out of Detroit are cheep.

Once again The CBPBA is hosting the Cambridge Event. Ted is the new race director. Congrats Ted. We have already had numerous calls and all is moving along well. Again this will be our National Championship Race. A two race format consisting of saturday and sunday racing. The Hyatt as you all know has treated us like Kings over the years, and they are looking forward to our return.

Chattanooga. The US Championships. Pops is working his tail off to make sure we all come back to tear up the lake. This will be speed week. Those of you who can arrive early, will get the opertunity to challenge the records set last year, And then race on Sunday.

We have invited the Speed Skiff and Garvey Guys to Patchogue, St Clair, Cambridge, and Chattanooga. We are working with their President Michael Merola, to help fund their series. If you missed these maniacs last year you are in for a treat.

Our Medical last year was headed up by Bruce Johnson, we are adding the Stars Team to the mix. I am working with Pops to bring them to our events. The experience of this team is a must for us to continue running one of the safest organizations on the water. Thanks Pops and Co. for all you have done and continue to do for our sport.

We have hired a marketing firm to aid us in moving forward fiancially. Already progress has been made in finding additional sponsorship funds we will need as we continue to grow.

TV, Yes you will see your smiling faces on the BIG Screen. We will announce the broadcast schedule, as time approaches.

I would try to thank all of the people who make this organization go. The problem is there are so many I would be sure to leave someone out. So..THANK YOU ALL for all the hard work and dedication you all give to the greatest sport on the Planet. We could not function without each and every one of you.

I have been working very closely with John Haggin. We share a vision, and are determined to see it through.
We are going to put this sport on the Map one way or another. Haggin is presently attending all the east coast boat shows, promoting Gieco and Offshore. If you see him at the shows, by him beer. Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 01-24-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Thanks for the hardwork Smitty and team. I can just imagine the amount of time wrapped up in making this all happen. It was highly appreciated that we were involved in early stages and I'm sure we can provide assistance in getting these races setup and promoted. Feel free to use those teams local to the sites whenever you need. It is the least we can do.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Smitty that all sounds great. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wahoo!!! Cant wait for the season to start ... Thanks all!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Smitty for all your help over the winter , We will not let the OPA down , Were going to put on one hell of a race on.

Mike

www.ecbrcnj.com
Old 01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

Default geico cup

how might that there prize money be divided up? between classes ans what positions pay back too??
Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Racer
Racer

Thanks Smitty, My how things have grown since that rainy weekend in Camden! You and Anthony teching the boats standing in 2 inches of water, Haggin gave out so many jackets the whole shoreline and battleship was yellow. And of course so much food I almost couldn't get my life jacket on. We knew then we made the right choice, OPA all the way!!
Louie

PS The Godfather was away that weekend, but his trophy design is still a major conversation piece.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
VIP Member

Louie, that's so funny. last night I was just thinking back to that weekend. That is really where it all started. And where we first met. Thanks for being such a big part of what we do. Now go practice up on your guitar. Big show coming, we're all counting on you. Ed
Old 01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Awesome!!! Like I said before...I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty....As a biggest fan, I want to say thank you for your hard work....Your hard work paid off Cant wait to meet you and Haggin this season and buy beers for you two!

Chris
Old 01-24-2008, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

Chris, I want to do a little something for you. Name the race, and I will put you under the roof of our Fountain on test day. You can run it as long as you want. Smitty

Quick Reply: 2008 OPA in Preview

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.