Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Sponsorship Pricing

What the talk of racing sponsorships I also feel that it can be extremely valuable for businesses. With having a traveling billboard there are multiple events you could do to get to secure sponsorships. I'm looking at getting into a P-5 boat and want to start approaching prospective sponsors now to see what I can get.

The type of sponsors I'll be targeting will be the smaller companies.

My question is what are the price points you should figure, when trying to secure a sponsor?
    What are some of the dollar amounts I can ask for/expect to get?

What I was thinking for when approaching a prospective sponsor is to break it up into 3 categories.

Executive Sponsor - Name of company across boat, on trailer, t-shirts, covered in all literature, ECT. ECT. ECT.

Intermediate Sponsor - Med. Sized logo of Sponsors Company on boat, covered in all literature, t-shirts

Personal Sponsor - Small company logo on boat (if available), 2 T-Shirts

This is just something I've been thinking about. Figured someone could shed a little advice from there experience.

Thanks.

David

VIP Member VIP Member AugiePensa's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1996 Wellcraft Scarab
    Hey Dave, for me...I'll take almost anything right now until I can prove that my boat will get a load of press and air time.
    P4-13 Team THE JERSEY BOYZ OFFSHORE RACING, Wazzup Racing Engines. OPA/ SBI/APBA/UIM. PRESIDENT: The Jersey Boyz, VICE-PRESIDENT: OPA RACING, The Great South Bay Racing Association

My Boats:
    34 Sea Ray Sedan, 30ft Vicious Super Stock Cat, 22 Baja Caliber, 10ft Ceaser Cat
    I figured a budget for the year and used that as a starting point. Than brake the boat up into sections (or %)

Lets say you figure on spending 10k and the Executive Sponsor gets over 55% of the boats signage, shirts and poster - than I would say 5500.00 would be what I would ask, Thats the simple formula most MX/SX Teams use.

Myself, I'm asking for money to bankroll the team and not pad my pockets - not yet . I'm just looking for enough money to cover the Travel, Gas, Hotels and food.

Hope this helps.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

Augie/Rick

Thanks for the feedback.

Rick- I'm thinking the same thing I'm not looking to line my pockets, I'm just going to be looking for money to cover some of the expenses$$$.

I'm going to work on it.

Thanks!

David

Registered
    My Boats:
    1999 Phantom SVL13 WE HAUL BOATS - 29 Mirage TEAM 5-31 WHOZ YOUR DADDY OFFSHORE RACING
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick View Post
    I figured a budget for the year and used that as a starting point. Than brake the boat up into sections (or %)

Lets say you figure on spending 10k and the Executive Sponsor gets over 55% of the boats signage, shirts and poster - than I would say 5500.00 would be what I would ask, Thats the simple formula most MX/SX Teams use.

Myself, I'm asking for money to bankroll the team and not pad my pockets - not yet . I'm just looking for enough money to cover the Travel, Gas, Hotels and food.

Hope this helps.
    How do I get in line for the $5500.00 guy? What I have found is one friend who cut me a deal on the purchase of the boat in exchange for his company name on it and one company that offered intercoms at cost with free install for there name placment. I thought that was not to bad with the boat still on the trailer and not having run a race yet.