Racing for Autism Awareness >

Racing for Autism Awareness

Notices

Racing for Autism Awareness

Old 05-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing for Autism Awareness

So you guys can mark your calendars, Aug. 21st - 24th we will be holdig a funraiser for the Long Island Autism Charpter, After talking to the president of the chapter, I have found out a lot of funding for Autism programs have been cut off, one of the goals they are looking to acheive is to get the real number people on Long Island that have this disability, today the number being reported are base on kids 6 years of age and younger...but dose not include everyone above that age, another goal is for them to be able to get out all the information to the families of all the programs that are avilable to them. So we are going to have a number of events over the weekend to raise money, if anyone has things they want to donate ie: T-Shirt, hats, exc. we are going to make gift bags for the kids that we are going to have there along with pics of the kids on the boats which we will have poster made of them, I have a list of businesses to get up with for potental sponsorships and if any of you Northern boys know of any busniess that would be interested please shoot me there name and number, I will be meeting with them in June to finilize everything

Jimmy (SOS), Smithy, myself and one lucky other person will be playing in a golf outing that Friday to raise money, We will also have donations set up at local business's a couple of weeks prior to the race weekend....we were orginally think that 25k raised would be a good goal.....but we are now thinking 50k would be a good goal for our 1st outing....we are looking to make this a yearly event.....

The poster is being proofed and should be able to post this week I hope.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-14-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

Great cause, I would like to help out any way possible.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
So you guys can mark your calendars, Aug. 21st - 24th we will be holdig a funraiser for the Long Island Autism Charpter, After talking to the president of the chapter, I have found out a lot of funding for Autism programs have been cut off, one of the goals they are looking to acheive is to get the real number people on Long Island that have this disability, today the number being reported are base on kids 6 years of age and younger...but dose not include everyone above that age, another goal is for them to be able to get out all the information to the families of all the programs that are avilable to them. So we are going to have a number of events over the weekend to raise money, if anyone has things they want to donate ie: T-Shirt, hats, exc. we are going to make gift bags for the kids that we are going to have there along with pics of the kids on the boats which we will have poster made of them, I have a list of businesses to get up with for potental sponsorships and if any of you Northern boys know of any busniess that would be interested please shoot me there name and number, I will be meeting with them in June to finilize everything

Jimmy (SOS), Smithy, myself and one lucky other person will be playing in a golf outing that Friday to raise money, We will also have donations set up at local business's a couple of weeks prior to the race weekend....we were orginally think that 25k raised would be a good goal.....but we are now thinking 50k would be a good goal for our 1st outing....we are looking to make this a yearly event.....

The poster is being proofed and should be able to post this week I hope.....
Gino don't think that the fact that ur such a grat person is being exposed is gonna stop me from making fun of u .
ur really gonna get it when I woop ur azz on the course.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We would be willing to provide rides for the kids, or donate rides that they can sell at an auction. Let me know.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 AM
Racer
Racer

Hey Gino,
Nice work, I need to go over some stuff regarding the Schedule that has already been set. I'll pm you my cell # if you can give me a call we can go over the details.

Thanks, Louie
Old 05-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Jimmy....beating you with only 2 clubs will be the easy part of the weekend.....

Chris.....thanks...I give you a call...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Registered

R.P.M. maybe you can do a little article on Autism awareness......
Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

Hey Guys.....we are going to change the golf date to Thursday....There is a full schedule of events for the race already in place, plus it will be better for Jimmy to have a few days off to get his composier back after his beatin.....

I will post the time and place in a few days...
Old 05-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
R.P.M. maybe you can do a little article on Autism awareness......
Can Do !! I could also provide gift bags w/ t-shirt, stickers and a magazine, and whatever else I can come up with by then.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Registered

R.P.M.
Thanks...that would be great....

Quick Reply: Racing for Autism Awareness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.