Cintron Harrison Twp MI Race July 19-20

Notices

Cintron Harrison Twp MI Race July 19-20

Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cintron Harrison Twp MI Race July 19-20

This is going to be great! Everything is set for this race and here are some of the extras. Bring the family and they will have a great time. Water Parks, Beach, Golf, Mini Golf, Miles of roller blade trails, world class marina's and one hell of an offshore race!

The race host hotel is the Best Western and they have a huge indoor water park. This is a first class brand new hotel and they are providing a huge discount to racers. Mention OPA to get the discount. You will not be disappointed.

Dry Pits are 12 paved acres with 24 hr security at Metro Beach State Park. This is the crown jewel of Metro Detroit Parks. Metro Beach Metropark features a one-mile shoreline and a 1,600 foot boardwalk on picturesque Lake St. Clair. This 770-acre recreational facility is a haven for boaters, swimmers and anglers. The marsh area is home to an abundance of waterfowl, and is a top bird watching site. The park features a swimming pool, spray park, marinas, nature center, Par-3 golf course, adventure golf and picnic areas. No dogs or pets are allowed in the park. Only licensed vehicles are permitted for use it the park. NO ATV's, RHINOs or UN-LICENSED MOPEDS. They have state police that will ticket you.

Wet Pits are at Beacon Cove Marina Stop on by and check out their 577 outdoor wells which can accommodate up to a 50' vessel along with our 145 indoor rack storage options that can accommodate up to 32' sport-type boats. Other amenities you can look forward to enjoying include a new clubhouse & children's play area, picnic area, gas dock and convenience store and a 25 ton travel lift. Voted "Best of the Best" by The Macomb Daily, we encourage you to check them out and see why Beacon Cove is the right choice for you! They have 24hr on site security and bath house.

Let's have a great showing at this race so we can make it a permenate stop on the OPA schedule.

http://www.beaconcovemarina.net/
http://www.metroparks.com/parks/pk_metro_beach.php
http://www.bestwesternmichigan.com/h...-concorde-inn/
Attached Thumbnails Cintron Harrison Twp MI Race July 19-20-best-western.jpg   Cintron Harrison Twp MI Race July 19-20-map_metro_beach.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Looking forward to a great weekend of racing.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:40 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wahoo,

Since I will be coming to Harrison Twp....Dry pits are at Metro Beach and wet pits are at the marina....Both are not on the same site...How can I go there back and forth?

Chris
Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Wahoo,

Since I will be coming to Harrison Twp....Dry pits are at Metro Beach and wet pits are at the marina....Both are not on the same site...How can I go there back and forth?

Chris
You would have to drive chris, it's not that far but it's to far to walk.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:07 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

ok...Got it....I rarely go to Harrison Twp by driving a car! I normally get to Metro Beach on the boat (my parents used to own 38' Sea Ray Sundancer and I drove from Port Huron to Metro Beach, even docking with shift control) So this time I will learn more about Harrison Twp!