Notices

Popra San Diego

Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 AM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Popra San Diego

Finally done with the races this weekend. We had a blast.

I need to thank Troy from INTHERED, The Brunner family, The cracker box guys, Raganuffin, TJ/Thad, and The whole crew of Volunteers at Bay Fair that made things smooth for Team AVR at our first race as a team.

We put XP1-00 through it's first race meeting without too many major headaches. Dave and Todd had their first race together as a team and reallllly got their act together for the 3rd race in second right behind the 43 eliminator with 1075's before running out of fuel............. It was a mad dash to find some more but to no avail so we missed the 4th race. Shheeeees Rookies.

It was cool to finally see the boat back on the water after a 2 year project to put her together.

Renegade dominated with the cat races

and Cooper took a swim with Scott after a biig speech during the drivers meeting about pushing too hard in the corners. Good to see they were fine.

It was fun.

pat W
Attached Thumbnails Popra San Diego-p9190014.jpg  
Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

where are the pics of the old girl?
mike
Old 09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Is the V-bottom the EXTREME that burned?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You!

Originally Posted by racesdad
where are the pics of the old girl?
mike
Just saw your response and Congrats on the Pittsburgh thread!

We just wrapped up SD and the venue was terrific, "The Old War Horse" is running well! The old girl as you call her, still has legs!

GC
Wheel-Man, In the red Racing
Old 09-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Go George And Troy
Old 09-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Registered

Default Just wanted to thank everyone for a great week end

This weekend went off really well, I tell you everyone we have talked to really loved the show. It was really impressive to be pitted next to the unlimited hydros, man those guys can swap out a turbine fast!
It is nice to drive away with another checkered flag; maybe we will get another this weekend in LOTO...
In The Red guys – paybacks are a *****, ha ha ha
Can’t wait till the Kilo runs in December at the Salton Sea, sounds like a blast.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Registered

WOW ! what a weekend, to say the least.

First let me say thanks to everyone that made it out and and enjoyed the event with the rest of us.

Was a great weekend of jam packed racing both sat, and sun.A little less for me and Mr. cooper but I 'll let him elaborate on that if he want's too , but I can say that both me and Kevin are great and I really appreciate him letting me run with him this past weekend , i had a blast !

Thanks again to the AVR boys bringing out the old burn victim with a rejuvinated and better looking body , that boat definitely looks rad and ran good as well.

Congrats to The In The Red racing team for actually running and finishing a race this weekend ,

And again thanks to everyone that showed up and made this thing a great venue , POPRA , and also the BAYFAIR committe

Big thanks to my family!

P.s will post some pictures tonight!

Last edited by BRUNNER; 09-23-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
Registered

Fantastic weekend of racing and Hospitality put on by Brunner Motorsports and Paradise Point. 4 heat races over 2 days plus testing and the kilos on Friday made it a jammed packed fun event.

Tom, Jennifer and the whole crew made us feel great all weekend. I wish every event could be like this. Thanks to all who raced and especially to those who worked so hard behind the scenes. We had a terrific time.

Jim
Old 09-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to say as a volenteer on the perimeter line....Your welcome and THANK YOU guys for bringing your boats and providing great entertainment for us spectators!!! Please come back next year!

Does anyone know what happoned to Rods boat?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered

HTM, would like to thank so many people, thanks to the POPRA's crew and their family for making this event unforgettable for us, the food was good, the racing was awesome, and all of the members from POPRA were awesome,very helpful, thanks everyone, we had a blast, and the checker flag made the weekend for US we will see you on the Salton sea in December.
Signed the Day Cruiser LOL
it might be short but it works,,

Quick Reply: Popra San Diego

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.