The World Cup suggestions >

The World Cup suggestions

Notices

The World Cup suggestions

Old 10-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Funhome.....the reality is we will never just be 1 Org....there has never been....but we can work on racing together on certain occasions....like the Worlds...

The reason I tought it would be a cool idea is that the teams that race in OPA a large amount of there racers are from the North...and a lot of SBI/APBA racers are from the South...and the POPRA teams are out West...and the Guys across the pond.... we all get along and love racing together but logistically its to hard to do....We have a great time when we race together....and there is always a little trash talking....its just a little way on having a little compitition and bragging rights.....and having fun....thats really why we all are racing....
There was only one organization..APBA; until the mid eighties.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
There was only one organization..APBA; until the mid eighties.
But what happend since and how many....to many ego's.....to easy to start your own Org if poeple don't like what you do....I was not around racing in the mid 80's....but I have seen whats going on since I started in 2000.....In todays economy...I don't see a small team like 50% of teams are today traveling the country.....

Just my opion...but its based on whats been going on....
Old 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
geico should take over the "worlds"

the triple crown events topped all other races these year. don't know the totals on boat count but the opa/triple crown races seemed to have the biggest turnouts.

I only agree with that GEICO's Tripple Crown was great....but the last I checked...I cannot just go in and take over someone else's business because I think I can do a better job....especailly when he has a contract with the town....

John H has been putting up stupid money since he got involved in this sport.....just becasue someone has a big name sponsor and deep pockets dose not mean he should buy our problems away that we casued....Over the years you are seeing more and more teams expecting Geico to take care of all the racers.....thats not the answer to fixing our sport...Its a great purk and generosity from the Gieco team..but when we start expecting it...its taking advantage of the Owner and Team...

Just my .02 cents

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-30-2008 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

But what happend since and how many....to many ego's.....to easy to start your own Org if poeple don't like what you do....I was not around racing in the mid 80's....but I have seen whats going on since I started in 2000.....In todays economy...I don't see a small team like 50% of teams are today traveling the country.....

Just my opion...but its based on whats been going on....
Up until the mid eighties, APBA was the only sanctioning body.There was a uniform set of national rules governing every aspect of the sport.There was a true national circut of eight to ten races held all over the country.The national races were for all classes including the one premiere class (OPEN/UIM CLASS 1).This was supported by regional circuts(NE,SE,C and W) conducted by APBA sanctioned clubs.The regional races were for the three ,to as many as eight, smaller classes depending on the year.

The season ending APBA/UIM world championship had boats from all over the country and the world.The OPEN/UIM CLASS 1 had a uniform set of international rules.

This is the format we should be looking to re-establish for our sport.

Last edited by 1waterboy1; 10-30-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1waterboy1
Up until the mid eighties, APBA was the only sanctioning body.There was a uniform set of national rules governing every aspect of the sport.There was a true national circut of eight to ten races held all over the country.The national races were for all classes including the one premiere class (OPEN/UIM CLASS 1).This was supported by regional circuts(NE,SE,C and W) conducted by APBA sanctioned clubs.The regional races were for the three ,to as many as eight, smaller classes depending on the year.

The season ending APBA/UIM world championship had boats from all over the country and the world.The OPEN/UIM CLASS 1 had a uniform set of international rules.

This is the format we should be looking to re-establish for our sport.
I agree its how it should be...but since 2003...you seen whats happend.....its 5 years later....the only differants is that OPA is the NE, SBI/APBA is SE, POPRA is W and OSS is C....only differance is they are run but differant Orgs....and we are all invited to K.W.....even if we ran under the same flag...the boat counts in the Orgs would be the same....

But with a low number of racers out here today and more class's then the 80's of course your boat count per class will drop....The org that has the best to offer a team will get the bigger boat count....but with so many options to race in your not going to see 20+ boats in one class....

Personally...if the rules changed today that they will only be 5 class in the whole country to race in Offshore...I would build a boat to fit that class or take my current boat and power it to fit one of the class's.....but not everyone is in that possition to do that....so we work with what we have.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-30-2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Registered

Default race

I only agree with that GEICO's Tripple Crown was great....but the last I checked...I cannot just go in and take over someone else's business because I think I can do a better job....especailly when he has a contract with the town....

John H has been putting up stupid money since he got involved in this sport.....just becasue someone has a big name sponsor and deep pockets dose not mean he should buy our problems away that we casued....Over the years you are seeing more and more teams expecting Geico to take care of all the racers.....thats not the answer to fixing our sport...Its a great purk and generosity from the Gieco team..but when we start expecting it...its taking advantage of the Owner and Team...

Just my .02 cents
i was trying to point out that geico is all about boat racing. hence = UNITED WE RACE!!!
i don't expect haggin to bail us out just that theres a guy putting the racing and racers first. unlike other racing that seems to put making money before the quality of the race and racers interests. that is what is hurting this sport. some people get it some don't. the boat counts tell the story.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Registered

SkaterDave...I understand....but it all comes down to money...

The GEICO Tripple Crown was a success due to the Geico prize money....and Haggin....

OPA is a success due to its prise money and no enrty fee's and has made racing affordable and Smitty and crew have done a great job at it...

Yes Haggin is all about UNITED WE RACE....and I commend him on his efferts and thank him everytime I see him....but if Geico took over the Worlds...and everything was free...HAGGIN would have to come out of pocket to do that.....

Haggin is one of the most giving people I have ever met....

Thats my point....nothing is for free....and its time maybe we fix our problems instead of relying on Haggin and Geico...

Last year we raised over 30k to get some of the OPA teams to K.W. and most came from Cleveland Constuction and we tried again this year....instead of sitting around and saying I'm not paying that or to him....maybe we sould try to do what othes have done....and go out and raise the money to get us there....I have said this a thousand times....I always had to pay to race in K.W. now all of a sudden its should be free....the economy sucks....sponsors are getting tougher and tougher to get....we should be happy that we have paying race sites to begin with..

I don't know you and I hope you don't think I'm being a @SShole to you....but just specking how I feel about it....

Just my opion...

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-30-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Default $$$

i understand the money part, but my point is that geico/opa, in my eyes are putting the racing and the racers first by providing a racing org that is the most economically. i'm not asking for everything to be free but other racing orgs are at the other end of the spectrum when yo compare the costs to the racers. we live in fort myers and traveled to race opa for the competition( agian i point the the boat count) and the geico prize money was also a factor which helped offset the deisel fuel costs. whats the use of racing if your the only boat in your class??

as for asking to race in KW for free, agian i didn't ask for that. but as a sbi member all year since the st cloud race, it vex-es me why i have to up my membership if this is the last race of the year. and yes i understand that the apba yearly cycle. but theres alot of things i don't think are racer friendly.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Registered

Skater....I agree...and its great that you guys make the trip from Ft Myes....But when I look at APBA when Mike A had it....we paid a premium to race there.....and we got a lot in return on our money.....

and when I look at professional race orgs the owners are making a good living....there is a lot of work behind the seens...now we are no were near them...but when racing in 2001 - 2003 with APBA...we got a lot of exposure....and having GMC has a series sponsor was hudge for us to go and get sponsors....even though I was paying to race...my sponsorship was covering more then my expenses....and we had great tv exposure.....but also knowing how much work and time it takes to go and get sponsors..its a hell of alot of work....and a lot of teams neither have the time or don't want to go and do it.....so I feel we are just as much to blame....

Take NASCAR for instance...how may teams can run with no sponsorship money....
How hard do they have to work to get sponsors and even when they do some teams still losse money each year....

I have paid $2700 fees to register in OSS...$2200 in APBA...and $1800 in SBI/APBA....So I always had to pay fee's...even when I only raced in OSS once or twice...even when I only raced 2 - 4 times in SBI/APBA....becasue I know nothing is for free....but there are a number of ways to look at it....if your saying why pay $1800 to race the Worlds only with SBI/APBA....why not look at it and make the time to race 2 or 3 races in SBI/APBA to get your monies worth...and wouldn't that help our sport....there is plenty of blame to go around why our sport is were it is.....

Again....if people do this for a living...why can't they make money at it....last I check I did not see JC, Smitty, Ron P or Cooper living in million dollar mansions....but I do see them busting there butts to give us a place to race.....

and we are seeing ....its not as easy as some people thought.....its a lot of work with a lot of man hours....who are we to tell a Org what we should pay....and I have said this a numebr of times.....if its so wrong...why do so many teams come to K.W. to race.....it is the biggest boat count of the year...

I've race the Worlds in Orange Beach and Destin....and its no K.W......If a team can't afford it..the I understand....but again....money can be rasied...but I will tell you I have heard from team owners they will not even make the effert just becasue they don't want to give JC the money.....but that attidude is OK to better our sport.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 10-30-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: The World Cup suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.