Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Purse Question for 2009 (New Thread turning Right) >

Purse Question for 2009 (New Thread turning Right)

Notices

Purse Question for 2009 (New Thread turning Right)

Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also besides what we buy for our race boats and what potential impact on the fans sponsors like Mercury may have, alot of us also have Mercury equipment in our pleasure boats as well. Also there are some people in OPA that are in the performace marine business that sell and service companies like Mercury marine. Just one example

Last edited by GoFastSonic; 12-04-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
No Randy not kidding at all. I would be willing to bet that the 85 OPA teams run more Mercury parts than any other organization. If they are parked in KW with 45 boats and the majority are P Class racers, why wouldn't they want to come to St Clair where there were more boats? Heck Harrison Twp had 43 boats in our first year. Merc is only one example, OPA has the show and perhaps if they did become sponsors they would benefit not only from the racers $ but gain wallet share from the spectators. Remember they sell alot more than just 850s, they sell props, drives, oil, 525s, etc. These companies aren't there to support you, they are there to promote their companies. Supporting you is the cost for them to be there. So it is about exposure.

As an organization, OPA has leverage. We spend a lot of money as a group and "perform" on a relatively large stage. We should promote that. I would bet that most of our events have greater fan exposurer than the vast majority of poker runs.

And Randy what benefits the OPA will also benefit you and all of offshore.

Has anybody from the OPA called Mercury?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Racer
Racer

Sean , I don't know for sure. Merc was only one example of who we should be working with. There are penalty of allainces we should work. From an OPA branded cash back credit card to Holiday Inn. We have seen how many little stickers are on NASCARs, we should make a killing, my boat is at least twice as big as one of the cars.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Dean you are Kidding right. OPA teams use very little product from those sponsors you mentioned. Mercury bring a truck? Maybe the 750 teams could call and ask Merc.
MD
750 teams don't have time to call, they are out boating. it seems it's the belt throwing, oil leaking, gaurdians that need attention. just my opinion, but before bashing of my opinion starts, fire up another thread so we can keep this one on rail.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:07 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Sean , I don't know for sure. Merc was only one example of who we should be working with. There are penalty of allainces we should work. From an OPA branded cash back credit card to Holiday Inn. We have seen how many little stickers are on NASCARs, we should make a killing, my boat is at least twice as big as one of the cars.
I would make that on my list of who to call if I was promoting a race site. Hint, hint Dean.

Merc is a great asset at a race. Securing their support may bring more teams in that may otherwise not show. For a 850/525 team its like having an extra crew member or two whenever you need them.

Last edited by Sean H; 12-03-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bilgerat
750 teams don't have time to call, they are out boating. it seems it's the belt throwing, oil leaking, gaurdians that need attention. just my opinion, but before bashing of my opinion starts, fire up another thread so we can keep this one on rail.
i saw more 750 boats not finish laps in KW than 850... but thats not really what this thread is about now huh?
Old 12-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Racer
Racer

my boat is at least twice as big as one of the cars.

And you drive it much slower too, so the fans have plenty of time to read the sides as you cruise by.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
And you drive it much slower too, so the fans have plenty of time to read the sides as you cruise by.
and when he spins it around, he does advertise both sides better... (sorry dean)
Old 12-04-2008, 07:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Randy, why is the sponsor question so far fetched? At the OSS Worlds 2 years ago Haggin bought me a brand new XR Drive and I bought one right out of the Merc Trailer along with another 1800.00 in parts for my boat alone. I know of 7 other teams that spent over 1500.00 each that week. Maybe we could get you guy's more winning $$$ or at least vigs for products if thses companys came aboard. Just a thought.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Sean H
and when he spins it around, he does advertise both sides better... (sorry dean)
Damn, you guys are harsh.

Quick Reply: Purse Question for 2009 (New Thread turning Right)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.