Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
OPA  Rules Meeting??? >

OPA Rules Meeting???

Notices

OPA Rules Meeting???

Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good Augie....looking foward to it....
Old 01-12-2009, 10:38 AM
Registered

Default dinner/rules

smitty or augie, do we have to prepay for the tickets or buy them at the door? do we need to pick from what augie stated for our dinner chioce ???

as for the rules how do we make rule change proposal and how are they voted on?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:05 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Default menu

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
5 PM Meeting Feburary 7, Guy's, drink after the meeting. Lets get your concerns out there and correct. Got a great menue, 60.00 a head. Prime rib, lobster tails, shrimp, steamers in garlic and wine, clams, pork tender loin, crab stuffed flownder, salads, rice, rolls, ect. Nice relaxed and cheap. Gonna be a great night.
Oh my!!! That sounds so delicious....You make me drool for these foods!!!!!

Chris
Old 01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave, you can have anything and everything! Forgot the Hot wings! Stuffed Mushrooms. Write your rule changes down and bring them to me at the meeting. I'll let you know about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Default ??????

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Dave, you can have anything and everything! Forgot the Hot wings! Stuffed Mushrooms. Write your rule changes down and bring them to me at the meeting. I'll let you know about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
augie how do rules get brought up and voted on?? for instance i run with the ECBRC (skiffs) and if someone in that class wants to change a rule pertaining to his class it is voted on within that class and majority wins.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:23 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we need to be careful on how rules are changed. OPA is very successful now because of it rules. Six classes with well defined speeds and commonality of rules across the classes. I don't think we should change rules in one class but not the others, unless it addresses safety.

Changes I would consider are a max speed for OPA or for Open boats. Or switch the classes around to allow a single engine canopy class, but still only have 6 classes.

Just my ideas.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Registered

Default speed

wahoo, my one idea would be to run P1 speeds same as the other org (SBI) or better yet increase them a little more so we could run with the catlite guys.

115 to 117.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
wahoo, my one idea would be to run P1 speeds same as the other org (SBI) or better yet increase them a little more so we could run with the catlite guys.

115 to 117.

Dave you have a good point there....with only 3 or 4 P1 boats and with 2 or 3 SCL that do the OPA races...combinding them to a 7 or 8 boat class would be good.....the one thing you would have to overcome is to get the SCL guys to want to slow down to 117....are they not running close to 125 now....
Old 01-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered

Default amsoil

teague just set the record at 131mph!!!!!!!!

now thats in kilo setup, i would say in average race setup they are running 120 to 125. but even if we (P1) could run up to 120 top speed that would close the gap. the catlite's are just setup differnent with the 525 package for accelleration and top speed. i was about 3 mph off average lap speeds of motley in sarasota and that was with 117 mph setup (sbi).

i'm all for it. like it wasn't bad enough getting beat-up by evil ED and dave s., add a few more cats to atleast run with.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
teague just set the record at 131mph!!!!!!!!

now thats in kilo setup, i would say in average race setup they are running 120 to 125. but even if we (P1) could run up to 120 top speed that would close the gap. the catlite's are just setup differnent with the 525 package for accelleration and top speed. i was about 3 mph off average lap speeds of motley in sarasota and that was with 117 mph setup (sbi).

i'm all for it. like it wasn't bad enough getting beat-up by evil ED and dave s., add a few more cats to atleast run with.

I think it would be a good idea of they would agree....less class's more boats.... = great racing...

Quick Reply: OPA Rules Meeting???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.