Whats with the triple crown this year? >

Whats with the triple crown this year?

Notices

Whats with the triple crown this year?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something that may be worth looking at..is:

We need to get as many racers to every OPA event we can...our boat count needs to be big at every event to show are race sites a good boat count.... not just the Gieco events for the extra money....something maybe to look at is taking that money and paying teams that are making every race or the % of races they are making during the year....thats not to say to wait till the end of the race year...but to pay racers as they show up at each event....that little extra money may be what gets them to the next race....paying out big money to teams that are only going to do a few races so they have a shot at a large prize purse is really not doing a lot for the OPA. For a race team to only do 2 or 3 races to get a big check at each really is not helping the teams that are at every event weather they get paid or not....

The furture of racing should be do we want 2 or 3 race sites with a 40+ boat count and the rest of the sites with a avg of 18 boats or so....or do we want 30+ boats at every race site.....I would hate to loose a race team that is willing to do every OPA race but can't because he ran out of money because we gave it to a team that is only going to do 2 races in a year...

Just a thought......

Last edited by MANITIE; 02-18-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Registered

As I understand it, this race does not interfere with the OPA schedule so if a team wants to race so be it. Geico and Haggin have been very supportive over the years and if a team can make it to Jupiter in Oct I say more power to ya. I'm sure Haggin wanted a race in his hometown area and he should be deserving of that. Does seem odd to spread across two organizations however. Who knows maybe he's bringing this idea back to the table....
Attached Thumbnails Whats with the triple crown this year?-comp_united.jpg  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Registered

We are in for Florida
Old 02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Recently I was out walking my dog and a thing got me thinking about this triple crown. Since first 2 races are OPA and last one is OSS. Does that means any teams who involved with OSS will be able to race Ocean City and Patchoque to be a part of triple crown?????

Chris
Old 02-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

chris, they are all welcome to run OPA anytime, but it looks like the 3 crown will be paid as 3 different races with no series champion. Just 3 individual races.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:09 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
I am not sure if we should pay a purse this year, or divide the money equally amongst the teams that show. What do you think. Smitty
Bigger purse and pay down the line a little better< it is really not worth going to a race when u put all your time and your money into your team and boat and u win and get a small check. if u r a competitive racer u go out and run as hard as u can, tear your **** up and get a little check for winning and the bigger check goes to the team who traveled the farthest, that sucks. The teams who want traveling $ should put more time and $ into dailing in there boat and try to win to get the traveling $. Just my feeling.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Registered

Question

Another question, if u do give out travel $ is that consider marketing funds from the OPA and do the teams pay the tax's or does the opa, with winnings the teams pay the tax's. The marketing funds i receive from my sponsors they pay the tax's. Just wondering.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bill, all ya gotta do is pay me MY TAX, then you'll be OK for the season.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by AugiePensa
Bill, all ya gotta do is pay me MY TAX, then you'll be OK for the season.
u allready got the room with the shark
Old 02-21-2009, 08:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Done!

Quick Reply: Whats with the triple crown this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.