Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree with Randy on this one. No new twin boats in class 5
Old 02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

After receiving several phone calls I post this. If Im not mistaken the 32 Measured beyond 30' nose to top of transom by APBA and was removed from F1 after 1 or 2 races. The only rule that was discussed at the Meeting last week was no more twin engine boats in class 5, grand father the registered boats that were presently racing, it was just 3 years ago that F1 boats were allowed in class 5 because 27' boats racing against 38's
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Registered

I have to also agree with Mad Dog and Eddy, one of the problems racing a single engine boat against a twin engine boat is the acceleration. If we are going to allow twin engine boats to enter the class( regardless of the size of the boat), are we going to allow the single engine boats to run super-chargers? or maybe a small turbo-charger? I think the line has to be drawn in the sand at some point to keep this class rub rail to rub rail. Just my oppion not fact!!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember in Mentor a few years ago we ran our bat boat against a twin Velocity and I think Stanch was running it. If he hadn't run out gas we would not have been able to touch him. He was just playing with us, looking over his shoulder and then hammering down. You can't stay with twin big blocks with a single small block
Old 02-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Racer
Racer

As the rules read now twin engine boats are allowed in class #5, so I have no problem with that. Problem is the rules read 30ft and under and like fastedy said it's over in length.

case closed you would think.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

The objective here is not to eliminate anyone from racing. Always remember that. We will have a call in the next few days to discuss the class. But, before everyone jumps on their key boards, think for a minute. If the boat is under 30 ft, and has the stock power he says it does, how fast do you really think it is. Can it run 85 and compete in class 4? No. Do all the boats in class 5 run well over 80? Yes. This particular boat probably stuggles to get 75, and with stock power will not excellerate worth a shi#. So when you say no twin engine boats, you are eliminating racers. Not what we are about. So while in a perfect world I would love to see a single engine class, there may have to be some exceptions. The answere would be for the class to vote on the particular boat once you see it face to face.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:42 AM
VIP Member

One other thing guys. I am fielding tons of calls from new teams. This is amazing to me, with things the way they are. Do me a favor. When a new team comes in here and shows an interest in racing, before you all blow him out of the box with rules, how about welcoming them in first. And then we'll find a place for them to race. I think we have done an excellent job of placing all of these different boats in classes where everyone is competitive. This is the most important task we have, in OPA. Trust me. Smitty
Old 02-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered

Damn Smitty you going soft on us? You are from jersey remember!!!!

But once again the voice of reason prevails! If you can afford timewise to do a case-by-case then by all means let 'em run! Great news on the new teams. Like you said that is a bit suprising with the state of the economy - says a lot about OPA.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered

Kirk we havent met but im boomer smitty's son nd ill be in 5 with my 24 carrera nd a big block nd i aint scared ''but they might be specially MaDog'' lol cant wait to race ya man
Old 02-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

Dont be so sure daredevil we'll settle this in practice the day before

Quick Reply: What class should this be in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.